RADEON 9600 anyone?

Hi,

My rig is the minimum required for this game, Win XP SP2, AMD 2400+, 1 GIG RAM, Radeon 9600, 256 MB.

I can only play the smaller scenarios, e.g., the first campaign scenario is just awful frameratewise. I know i can't expect much with this system, i was just wandering whether there was anyone else running low-end systems and what was their experiences?

Well,

I cant give you numbers, i mean i don't know which numbers to give you. I guess it depends on the size of the map and the nr of units. In the earlier CM games you had a clear indication in the menu (small, medum, large), you dont have that with CMSF.

Anything with a town in it presents serious framerate issues for me. even smaller areas with buildings. Two Stryker platoons and a couple of T2s on the other side are already reason for lag. Put that in a city and that's it.

I guess recon in force, ambushes are medium scenarios.

OK .Iunderstand . I don't know it this can be of any hope for you but the second demo scenario is called "smashing metal" . Dunno if it is included in the final version but it runs smoothly even in real time but I suppose it's just a small one .

Map is pretty empty with only a small village ( 5 buildings or so ) , scarce vegetation .

US have : 1 platoon Abrams + 1 platoon Stryker and 1 section of medium mortars

Syrians : 1 tank Company

1 Mech Rifle Company

Baron,

I dont see that scenario in the game, but it sounds smallish. that would run fine on mine as well.

Bonxa,

well i dont get it then. Your processor is certainly better than mine but other than that...would that make such a difference? the first campaign mission for me is a serious lag.