Corruption in Splash Screen

Hi,

This one is fairly minor but I will post it anyway.

In th opening splash screen, probably when it is trying to play some BFC logo animation, I get a rectangle of purplish graphical corruption in the centre of the screen.

My Specs are as follows:

Game Version: BFC Direct Download 1.01

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 3800+ 2.01GHz with 2GB of RAM

Geforce 7600GT PCI-E Graphics Card (not sure of RAM on it, how do I check?)

Latest graphics drivers, downloaded from nVidia and installed yesterday:

Driver Version: 6.14.11.6218

Driver Date: 29/06/2007

You might want to check and make sure your video codes are all up to speed. That animation movie is a Windows Media Video and was made with Windows Movie Maker so be sure that your Media Player is updated, which should also install the needed codec.

By the way, do you hear any sound on that screen?

Madmatt

Madmatt,

Downloaded and installed WMP11 again - had to rollback to previous version in Add/Remove programs first but it did install in the end. No difference. I either have corruption, or lately I've just been getting a blank screen apart from the ASUS logo at the top right (which looks wrong too - some of the letters are almost invisible). I think I get blank or corruption based on my game settings, but not sure which.

There is sound - The theme music is playing but the intro bit just isn't there.

As I've said I don't think this is a killer issue but if it could be resolved I would feel like I'm playing the same game as everyone else.