Modding Help

sorta the blind leading the blind as it took me a week to figure out how to extract maps. I extracted human skin folders but only 3 little ini folders showed up. But maps are opened as below. If you figure out to do skins let me know.

The top left in the windo under FILE you'll notice the little folder waiting to be opened into the tree of files.

cap3on9.jpg

K, Back up your Theatre of War directory first.

I found when you first load the program the Tow Mission Editor Location and Extract Location are empty in the bottom right. (With reference to the image Nikki Mond posted). Click on the Elipse buttons to the right in the extractor program and navigate to the right directories (where the mission editor and extractor is and where Theatre of war is for the extract location). I would shut down and reload the extractor again to make sure it reads okay and fills the left hand side with info like the pic. Then click on the boxes on the left hand side to select what you want to extract, marked by the green ticks. Then click menu bar, tools, extract.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, For version sfsextractor02FIX it says to install the extractor in the mission editor directory. (Make sure you have filelist.txt in that directory too) You need to point to this directory.

I don't know about if it was installed in a different directory, and I can't comment on 03 version as I have not installed it yet.

Wolf, next time you load the sfsextractor program you should see content in the large window to the top left. This is the directory structure of the sfs files. Left click on the little + boxes to open the directories ( - to shut). You will see from the pic above some of the boxes have green ticks. The ticked box files will be extracted. Left click in the box to turn the green tick on or off. Use the buttons in the top right to tick all or none of the boxes. After you have selected what files to extract the got to tools, and left click extract to begin the extraction. Progress is shown bottom left. All being good you should have your files in the appropriate directory branching off your extract location.

If you have no joy do let us know.

k, open the file in notepad. If the first 3 characters are IMF then you need to load it with IMFVIEWER. Then save the file as a .TGA which it does automatically. Then you can open the file in photoshop or gimp or whatever to modify it. The converted tga file is accepted by the TOW program as is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok I have a problem, I followed the link to CMMods and there was nothing, no links no downloads, no pages. Also were can I get the filelist.txt? And another question is which paths go to which in the Extract field and the ToW mission editor location field? kk thanx

• 3 weeks later...

Um I have a question...when I try and fire up the sfsextractor PanzerkwviiiMaus gave me it comes up with some error about sums less than 0 or something and when I try to mount a sfs file it says something about a breakpoint and closes?? What is the problem? Is there something I can do to fix this.

Originally posted by berbinator:

Um I have a question...when I try and fire up the sfsextractor PanzerkwviiiMaus gave me it comes up with some error about sums less than 0 or something and when I try to mount a sfs file it says something about a breakpoint and closes?? What is the problem? Is there something I can do to fix this.

Where did you put the sfsextractor to?

br.

Dr.Jones