Crash..error message..

I'm experiencing crashes after about 20 mins of play, The game bluescreens and I get this error..

Driver_Irql_not_less_or_equal

ToW is the only game where I experience this problem. My drivers are uptodate and I've set up my rig as per Nvida/DualCore suggestions in your forums.Is this a known issue?

XP SP2

Nvidia 7900GS 512mb

AMD X2 4400

2 gigs

It seems to me there is something wrong with the driver or hardware. If you have the latest driver version try to rollback to one of the previous. Also make sure both CPU and videocard coolers work ok.

What version of the game do you play?

What are the last messages in the log.lst file?

Do you have cppcrash directory with *.dmp files inside it (in Theatre of War's path) after the crash?

[ October 04, 2007, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: dmg ]

With the greatest respect DMG, after trying to play again last night and getting random lock ups with no error message I really can't be bothered to spend another few hours trying to get this game to work. I trawled the forums here and tried every so called fix that there is, still no joy. This is the only game that I have this problem with and I play alot of games, maybe its a dual core thing I don't know. Its a real shame because I really enjoyed the brief periods I was able to play. I do understand that games are never bug free these days and compatibility issues do happen but I haven't got the time to spend a day trying to fix a game. I feel I've wasted £22 on a download and I would appreciate my money back.

[ October 05, 2007, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Darwin00uk ]

Originally posted by Darwin00uk:

I'm experiencing crashes after about 20 mins of play, The game bluescreens and I get this error..

ToW is the only game where I experience this problem. My drivers are uptodate and I've set up my rig as per Nvida/DualCore suggestions in your forums.Is this a known issue?

XP SP2

Nvidia 7900GS 512mb

AMD X2 4400

2 gigs

Have you try to upgrade your BIOS?

Have you 1 or 2 RAM memories?

I use to have 2GB of RAM, but I discovered that not only ToW but my whole system did behave much more stable when I took away 1 memory.

I do believe that my motherboard, BIOS and Win-XP did not always getting along with each other when there was 2GB on board.

cheers/

bus

Originally posted by bus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Darwin00uk:

XP SP2

Nvidia 7900GS 512mb

AMD X2 4400

2 gigs

Have you try to upgrade your BIOS?

Have you 1 or 2 RAM memories?

I use to have 2GB of RAM, but I discovered that not only ToW but my whole system did behave much more stable when I took away 1 memory.

I do believe that my motherboard, BIOS and Win-XP did not always getting along with each other when there was 2GB on board.

cheers/

bus </font>

DarwinOOuk,

Usually it is the ram you put in or even that you don't have it seated all the way in. Try to take it out and Press it back in firmly don't be shy it really sometimes needs a bit of pushing to seat it correctly. ToW is not the problem it is running great on my machine and many others.

Once you figure how to play ToW you will love it as we do here. Give it a chance and see.

I've not had any further freezes since I disabled AC97 onboard soundcard through the control panel (I have a Audigy card installed, too). I suspect there are some hardware conflicts that haven't been identified yet.

Also, try turning off all unneeded background processes - FS Autostart is a program that you can configure to do this.

Hope this helps....its a great game really!!

i GET THE SYSTEM FREEZ WHERE PRESSING CTRL ALT DELETE DO NOT SHUT THE GAME DOWN AFTER THE LOCK UP CAN BE VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN YOU SPENT 30 MINUTES KNOCKING OUT A GROUP OF TIGER TANKS WITH YOUR T34,S ONLY TO HAVE THE GAME FREEZ ON YOU BEFORE YOU GET A CHACNCE TO SAVE AS THERE IS NO WARNING THAT IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN YOU THEN SPEND THE REST OF THE EVENING TRYING TO KNOCK OUT THE SAME GROUP OF TIGER TANKS AGAIN IT SEEMS HARDER SECOND TIME AROUND ALL OF MY DRIVERE ARE UP TO DATE AS I REINSTALLED MY WINDOWS XP SP2 LAST WEEK