Dear Battlefront. and 1C...

Hello how are you,

first off, thank you for the patch and the effort but I am having several problems as I stated in other threads.

I figured that rather then generically bitching I would be more understanding and diplomatic when posting, not to mention a bit more respectful. I apologize for being a bit peed off when posting prior to this thread.

first off the major problem:

my athalon xp 2200+ still idles at 99% causing a lot of lag/slowdown in the game.This is a huge problem for me and any assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. If you need anything to help resolve this issue just ask.

2nd. With the patch, when i load a mission from new russian campaign my screen will go black randomly when the mission editor is loading the map forcing a reboot using the power off button. This didn't happen prior to the patch and is conflicting it seems with my ati vid card or drivers possibly.

solved problem: issue with being unable to load saves from new campaign resolved once I rebooted. they were there after the reboot obviously just a glitch.

my system:

win xp pro

ati radeon x1600 pro

creative sb live 5.1

athalon xp 2200+

1 gig of ram with 3,072 pagefile ( 4 gigs total )

system resources before game launch:

14 services running all other non essentials shut down. cpu usage 0% commit charge 271m/4001m.

all drivers are up to date as is the operating system.

now questions:

1) will mortars be put into the game ?

2) will we be able to create maps from scratch ?

3) I don't notice any los fixes were then in this patch ?

thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide.

[ June 28, 2007, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: KiloAlpha4 ]

What missions do you play and what FPS do you have? Can you measure it by FRAPS and tell us?

Try to tune your video driver settings. First of all pay your attention to an option "Anti-Aliasing", try to set it to "Let the application decide" or to a minimum, then run the game and check its performance.

Also in standard video drivers settings (in the Catalyst Control Center) try to uncheck the button Use Custom Settings and move the slider to Performance (instead of Quality).

1) will mortars be put into the game ?

Mortar support is available. Mortar units will most likely be in the addon

2) will we be able to create maps from scratch ?

This feature will most likely be in the addon too.

3) I don't notice any los fixes were then in this patch ?

We started implementing the new LOS system, but it took us more time to implement and balance all the missions and campaigns, so we didn't include it in the patch. The new LOS system will likely also be added later.

Just to clarify, there were some LOS changes in the patch, (especially with regards to seeing through tree's and foliage) but more global and widespread changes to LOS as well as a LOS type tool are being still looked at for inclusion into a future patch.

Madmatt

Originally posted by dmg:

...2) will we be able to create maps from scratch ?

This feature will most likely be in the addon too...

If that will make it into the add-on, I will make a little dance around the white, blue and red flag..... no, not the one with the stars, just the one with the stripes ;)

Uwe

hey thanks for the replies and suggestions. my slider is set to half half in catalyst control ( halfway between performance and uber graphics lol )

I tried the auto config also and haven't yet noticed a change with the cpu usage. Note that I play a lot of other cpu etc intensive games and don't have this issue with them like m2tw, pacific storm/allies, COH, HL2, BF2, etc, etc, all on high graphics settings also.I will try your suggestions and see what happens then post if it helps or not.

What missions do you play and what FPS do you have? Can you measure it by FRAPS and tell us?
I get it in most missions but I will stick on fraps and check the fps. I was looking forward to doing a vid for the vid contest but with the cpu idle probs that doesn't look possible atm. Note that I can record vid at 25 fps during games on high settings at the same time for other games such as pacific storm with no in game lag while playing/recording. See here http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=KiloAlpha4

but more global and widespread changes to LOS as well as a LOS type tool are being still looked at for inclusion into a future patch.
excellent. Please can you also get rid of the getting shot by enemy at guns through dense fog and snow from the other side of the map lol. Thanks.

how long for the add on btw ?

and thanks again for the help and your replies I do appreciate it.

[ July 01, 2007, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: KiloAlpha4 ]

nope I wish it was...seems it is a game engine issue not my vid card.Even at 27+ fps there is engine lagging or "throttling" issues like the game is "bogging down". I have had frame rates of 207+ fps in the menu etc. I think the engine may possibly need some more optimization as I don't have this problem with other games. Adjusting the video options seems to have little or no effect. I am using the downloaded version maybe it is the reason ?

I will uninstall it, do a reg clean, defrag etc and re install the game right from the cd then re patch it, try it out and post, maybe the install somehow got messed up the first time. Thanks for the continued help with this problem, it is much appreciated.

[ July 10, 2007, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: KiloAlpha4 ]

lagging in your case then has nothing to do with the fps, a movie in cinema has 24 fps, tv in europe 25 and tv in america 30 fps. so this shouldn't be the problem.

You won't see the difference between 30 fps and 200 fps, (as long as you are no x-man ;) )

Well, I see a very distinctive difference between 30 and 60 fps in for example "Il2-1946", the famous flight sim by 1C and most other games I own.

Its also good to have reserves when more hectic scenes come into mind. Flying around with 30 fps over the grass means 11 fps over cities with AAA fire. Thats not playable anymore for a flight sim for example.

Sure a tactical game can be well enjoyable with 15-20 fps. But I get down to 4 fps WITH tweaking done in the Seelow demo mission, which is why I still haven't bought it and will wait for more optimisation.

Saw the full game on a friends machine, 3.2 CPU, GF 7800GS, 1GB RAM, slightly better than mine in CPU and GPU and performance was very chokey while Medieval Total War 2 runs massive battles slick even with shader 3 enabled.

Computer games also don't have motion blur like videos and TV, don't forget that.

well i can play coh with a trainer allowing me a lot more units then the 70 point cap, usually i use 150+ units in a skirmish 8 player map ( largest maps ) they have and versus 3 ai players also and tons of arty going off all over the place with fairly high graphics settings and I don't get these issues at all, actually no lagging what so ever with company of heroes, etc, so my money is also on that it is the game engine.

When does this crash happen? During the play or when trying to quit?

If the crash appears when closing the application, try to make lower water quality video settings or try to run tow_1.4.exe instead of the tow.exe.