About the mission and campaign editor ...

i have been making some missions for a couple days now and here are some bugs and requests that would be great in the next patch.

1°) Above all being able to really edit the variables such as the soldiers names or is indispensable (i spent 4 hours researching characters names and editing them just to find out that it wont keep a name if its not in the "Units_PersonLastNames.ini" and the "Units_PersonNames.ini" wich are hard encoded and impossible to access let alone to edit to add more names.)

2°) being able to let, say, a german soldier to carry a russian ppsh41 . at the moment the choice is limited to each army's own standard issue weapons.

3°)provide the list of ALL the commands available for the triggers ( i suspect that there are way more than the ones listed in the read me file)

4°)ability to move, remove, add objects such as houses, fences, trenches, sandbags etc etc...

5°) ability to create night missions

6°) implementing some way to add custom briefings and tac maps without having to go through the campaign editor ( wich i tried and doesnt work anyway.)

i guess there are many more things to improve but these would be great at first ...

oh and one last thing, at least for me it is impossible to include any mission to any campaign, it just won't save the params and if i exit the editor , the mission gets back to " not_in_list"

[ May 15, 2007, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Sabai ]

ability to move, remove, add objects such as houses, fences, trenches, sandbags etc etc...

This feature will be available in the map editor.

oh and one last thing, at least for me it is impossible to include any mission to any campaign, it just won't save the params and if i exit the editor , the mission gets back to " not_in_list"

Do not forget to save the campaign list in the CampaignEditor after making any changes (see File->Save menu item). Also when distributing your mission include briefing.xml file (in the mission directory) to the archive. And there is no need to include history subfolder (it just autobackup copies of your mission.xml\trigger.ini files).

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, Sabai.

[ May 15, 2007, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: dmg ]

hmmmm, odd thing , i keep on un-read_only-ing my folders but they always get back to the read only !! WTF????? damn sometimes i wish i could strangulate Bill Gates GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and make him use his half baked products on a daily normal use basis, maybe he'd understand why people hate him so much.

anyway, i run XP personal with the latest SP2 and patches yada yada yada ..... does anyone have a fix for this?

checked on the net but found mostly for win 2000 and XP pro ...

tried the regedit trick to no avail ( two of them) tried the security tab changed permissions to all users , nothing fixed it

HELLLLLLLLP !!!!!!

Please, describe your problem in full detail and step by step. And answer the following questions:

1. What is your OS (SP)?

2. What user privileges do you have? Do you work in this OS as an admin or as a limited user?

3. What files / folders of ToW do you reset the readonly flag for? How do you reset the readonly flag?

4. What files / folders of ToW are got this flag set again? When does it happen?

Originally posted by dmg:

Please, describe your problem in full detail and step by step. And answer the following questions:

1. What is your OS (SP)?

2. What user privileges do you have? Do you work in this OS as an admin or as a limited user?

3. What files / folders of ToW do you reset the readonly flag for? How do you reset the readonly flag?

4. What files / folders of ToW are got this flag set again? When does it happen?

1: xp home sp2 all latest patches

2: Admin

3: well i tried every single folder by using the right click>properties>uncheck read only

4: all the folders seem to reset to read only right away, the files are not reset

also i tried various tricks given by kro$oft and other tech websites to no avail

While the editor allows you to do a lot of stuff, some people forget that you can also edit the mission.xml file by hand.

By doing that, you *may* be able to rename your troops and change their weapon loadouts to whatever you want, even if the editor itself tries to maintain a little more order.

I havent tried this myself (with swapping weapons from one nation to another) but it should be very easy to test and see what you get.

Madmatt