Optimizing NVIDIA Graphics Cards

I have a dual NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX cards setup, and would like to know if anyone's tinkered around with all the 3D settings for NVIDIA cards. For example, you can change antialiasing, mipmaps, texture filtering, threaded optimization, etc.

So, if anyone's taken the time to tweak all these settings for peak performance, I think it'd be helpful for some of us to know what they found the best configuration is.

Thanks,

Mike

Yes Mike, something is wrong. I only have a 8800 GTS 640 OC2 and can't get more than 15-17 fps.

My rig runs ArmA at high settings in 1680x1050 with 30-40 FPS. So there is something killing cpu cycles. Moon wrote somewhere that they are looking in to it. I guess we will have to wait for the first patch and see if its fixed.

Rune found that also selecting "threaded optimization" to "off" helps a great deal. Other people had great results when they turned off "extension limits"

nvid.jpg

Also, if your running a Dual Display, disable the secondary window.

Madmatt

nvid.jpg

Also, if your running a Dual Display, disable the secondary window.

Madmatt

Hey Madmatt,

Do these settings you just mention help with freezes and lockups in the game? I have a Nvidia 7600 and I'm getting freezes where the game stops responding and I have to Cntrl, Alt out to the desktop to close the game in the task manager. Others are having the exact same problem also.

Ok, I think I've tried all the recommendations in these forums (i.e., updated all drivers, set threaded optimization to off, disabled secondary window, selected single GPU, tinkered with screen resolution), and I still only get ~7 frames per second when at ground level while playing the Line of Sight trainer.

At this point, I assume it's something with the game versus my system simply because others seem to have similar issues.