Blued out Letters and Numbers

I have a had a quick search but cannot see an answer .

Basically on booting today everywhere other than in a briefing all letters and numerals are just blue squares.

Played fine last time - a week or so I played. Any clues as to a quick fix or what would cause it?

TIA

CMAK is unaffected. CMBB I could reload all the files but would need to finf the disk and a] about to go on holiday b] will be moving house when we return and are partly packed already.

The last time I saw this was with an Nvidia GeForce 5200 and a particular driver series (the 50 series ?). Eventually it was fixed by a newer driver.

It's strange that only CMBB is having this problem and not CMAK since both games should react the same to driver problems (to my knowledge). Have you modified the text bitmap files in one and not the other (such as the "ATI Radeon Text Fix") ?

Thanks for the reply. I have done absolutely nothing in terms of hardware or new BMP's so a complete mystery. I will take the view it is corruption - but why all text and not some...

When I locate my CmBB disk I will replace all BMP's and then look for gridded scenery etc : (

Actually on reflection I will look just for the letters and numbers to replace.

Reading this made me more paranoid than usual, so I fired up cmbb just in case. No problems to report. Quite a relief, because I had realized that Microsoft and Trend Micro are constantly updating things in my computer. So weird sudden changes may be the result of hard disk bad sectors or software corruption.

I still can't understand why people get worked up about gridded terrain. It doesn't make the contours any easier to see, and it is horribly unrealistic looking.

If you play quickly in TCP/IP or LAN games then every millisecond counts if playing against a time limit of 1,2 or 3 minutes.

As I am a lazy devil and normally play quickly even on PBEM turns I just keep the one gridded scenery always. I would agree about looks but its the playing thats the fun. : )