Multiplayermodus UNTRAGBAR !!

Unglaublich was sich BF hier geleistet hat.

Was bitte ist das für einen unterirdische Performance ?

Host mit DSL6000 und Client mit DSL1000 können kein 1vs1 Spiel ohne massiven Lag machen.

Ladezeit von mehr als 5 Minuten !!!! bevor das Spiel beginnt.

Auf der selbstgemachten Karte befanden sich pro Spieler 8 Panzer, 6 Infantrie Gruppen, 2 Paks und 3 Sdkfz. - Ergebnis = unspielbar.

Als ich vor 4 Wochen die Frage stellte ob BF dieses, aus der russ. Version bekannte Problem getestet bzw. behoben hat, wurde mir nur erklärt, ich solle mein Posting auf englisch verfassen und man würde sich vielleicht darum kümmern.

Wie bitte soll unter diesen Umständen ein 4vs4 Gefecht mit mehr als 2 Einheiten pro Spieler stattfinden ?

Marc, if you would post in english, perhaps some of the developers or testers would be able to help you. Nobody except me speaks german.

We have made extensive MP testing, but it's a matter of having the correct setup. And, of course, there can always be bugs.

Martin

In this "extensive Multiplayer document" are only 4 contents which are important for speed settings at client or host´s pc.

2lwW25N6.jpg

We tried every setting between Host (4Mbit) and Client (DSL1000) but in the last test we cant even load the mission.

Load times up to 15 minutes and a lot of game freez during loading. (sometimes at host and sometime at client)

[ April 21, 2007, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Marc Anton ]

As i said we tried them all. (25000 at both PC´s)

We played 1vs1 at my selfmade map - each player got 8 tanks, 80-90 Infantry, 3 Sdkfz + 2 AT guns.

No smooth Movement was activated.

After heavy lag on client side i got an BTW (back to windows).

It is not playable with that lag - just a big joke.

I bet you guys knew about that problem ....

The IL-2 engine seems to have problems with these kind of connection as it was designed to run on dedicated servers.

[ April 21, 2007, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Marc Anton ]

So it connected but you got lag? Make sure the "use only one CPU option" is set in the video options panel. We have seen that for some reason setting can really help with decreasing lag.

By the way, thats a pretty big battle with that much infantry. While a battle that large should be playable over a LAN across the net it might just be too large.

Madmatt

Holy **** Madmatt, its a big battle ????

16 tanks and 160 Infantry on a 1vs1 ?

What will happen if we play 4vs4 as it was designed for ?

4 tanks each player and 40 Infantry and we have to use a LAN connection ?

We have made extensive MP testing, but it's a matter of having the correct setup
I dont believe you anymore. What did you test ? 4vs4 and everyone got 1 tank ?

Well, im dont want to be rude.

But you say that you are trying to solve all the problems, but shouldnt problems be solved before you start selling the game?

i mean, the amount of people that have problems with the game/demo are growing and growing.

The game industrie is the only industrie that can sell stuff that isnt even finished when its coming on the market.

When you go to a shop, and buy clothes you dont get the message that the buttons come a few weeks later.

The way the game industrie is treating costumers is more off an insult then poeple who question the awareness of problems by developers of games before its release.

Questions are raising here, and the only answer poeple get is that it is their machine, even if they state that other heavy big games work on their PC.

Thats to simple for me.

Because, what about the minimum system requirements that you put on the site that you should in you system to play this game.

Operating System: Windows XP*

Processor: Pentium IV 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 2.0 GHz

Video Card: GeForce 4600 or Radeon 9600

(128 Megabyte VRAM or better)

Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card

System Memory: 512 Mb

Hard Drive Space: 1 Gigabyte

* Windows Vista: Make sure you have the latest, non-beta drivers for your video and sound card to ensure compatability in Windows Vista.

You can say what you want, but everybody that posted here has a machine that is better then that.

simpel as hell, there is something wrong.

And instead of blaming people for insulting you may better come with answers that arnt as easy as , its your machine.

But at the other hand, im sure you guys are working hard on it.

Good game, with good and honest service is the best advertising to get money for the game and the best way to go against piracy.

With respect for all of you, marco

FanzerPaust, your points would be valid if the majority of users had problems. That's not the case. Thousands of games have been downloaded and installed so far, without problems.

It is simply impossible to test ALL possible hardware combinations these days. If you look into the credits you will see that a LOT of people were involved in making and testing the game, but there is only so much one can do in regards QA.

We are working on fixes for everyone has problems, but we cannot pull it out of the hat by magic. First we need to duplicate the problem, then find out what is going wrong which works on other systems. Then we have to deal with faulty installations, bugs (hardware and software) and all sorts of other issues.

If you have a problem, post it here. There is no reason to be insulting our intelligence or thoroughness as developers however, as Marc has done. (Frequently as I might add). Paying for the game does not give you any right to do that. Even though we tolerate a lot, knowing that gamers are passionate about their hobby, there is a limit, and after listening to a whole bunch of snide remarks from him, I just told him that he is crossing the line.

Martin

Fair enough moon about the insult thing, and of course there are lots of people that get the game to work, thats why it stays so hazy after all isnt it?

I dont question your honesty, let there be no mistake about that.

Hope you get something done, cause like i said, if it works its an hell of a game.

marco

Guys iam not talking about getting the game to run - you know that. Single player is ok and it runs fine here.

Iam talking about the not working multiplayer part of this game and in that case show me those thousands people who are able to use it.

You wont find anyone - maybe those guys which play via LAN ...

I dont want to insult anyone iam just speaking the truth. Anyway i will stop those snide remarks of mine.