Self Help tips launching the game.

Have you tried playing demo version?

The reason for this question is, that can separate a possible eLicense issue from a possible game issue.

To be on the safe side when you have problems, set your ToW graphics settings to minimum in towsetup. (Screen resolution should be 1024x768).

Run the game using administrator access rights. For those who run Vista32: try also right-click app launching (run as administrator), if you haven’t already.

Update your video drivers. Stop being lazy smile.gif , go download and install the latest video driver.

Many people reported that the game ran fine after they updated their video drivers.

The game starts, changes screen resolution and then crashes.

This issue can indicate some problems with the codec. In that case, try renaming the file “title.avi” which is located in the game installation directory to some other name. Then try to launch the game. If it was the codec indeed, the game starts ok, but without the intro movie.

Thanks for the response..

as kindly suggested I

set all ToW graphics to minimum

left shadows:self shading, grass detail: normal

screen resolution is default at 1024x768 color 32bpp

sane result: I can't get past the icon mouse pointer

changing shape and color.

I changed the name of the file 'title.avi' to some

other name with the same .avi extension

no difference.

I got creative and changed the screen resolution

to 1024x768x70hz and to every other possible position up to 75hz in the option window

no difference

Also tried the other settings: not one makes a

difference...keep crashing back to desktop

I turned off every program running in the background and unplugged internet + security system

no difference...

I did not mention this before

I have Win XP Home with Service Pack2

I bought the download and physical version package

I'll uninstall the game when I get the CD to see

if there is any difference...although I never

got any error messages while downloading the elicence or unpacking the download..

Almost ditto for me.

The last thing I did inverted the desktop image on my screen (but still no ToW). :confused:

This is my computer. I think my graphics card is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950.

Question 1. Should this work with ToW?

Question 2. Should this work with CMSF?

Question 3. If i need to buy a new grpahics card to work with both of the above what graphic cards would you recommend?

Midnight Warrior,

Question 1. No.

ToW can have problems running onboard graphics card. In general words, those cards usually are a step back from the nVidia/ATI cards (onboard manufacturers want to be on the safe side).

Also, read customers reviews for the computer you've indicated. The first one (by Neal Moody) says you'd better not use the onboard card at all!

Question 2.

I don't know, check CMSF forum.

Question 3.

Check ToW recommended system requirements for the right graphics card.

Hope that will help.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does this mean:

ToW can have problems running onboard graphics card. In general words, those cards usually are a step back from the nVidia/ATI cards (onboard manufacturers want to be on the safe side).

I'm getting old and busy and don't know all the details of my computer system anymore. I just know that I want to try this demo, but I'm having the same problems as others (screen flips, crashes to desktop, and changes the screen size). I've disabled the .avi intro by renaming it and updated my video drivers.

I'm running an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL graphics chip. If I recall correctly, I bought it about a year ago so that I could run Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on my computer, so I'd be surprised if it's already obsolescent. But maybe it is...

Originally posted by SIO:

Please give me your machines's full specs.

SIO

Can you tell me if changeing the resolution settings from 1024x 768 70hrz to 1024 1280 75 may have caused in my case the freezing occuring now?

I changed back to the old setting but stll same freezing problem game is running but not responding. Battlefront

Originally posted by Wolfseven:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SIO:

Please give me your machines's full specs.

SIO

Can you tell me if changeing the resolution settings from 1024x 768 70hrz to 1024 1280 75 may have caused in my case the freezing occuring now?

I changed back to the old setting but stll same freezing problem game is running but not responding. Battlefront </font>