Mac players: Have you noticed...

Actually, I didn't see the black box in the demo either.

I played the demo on a G3 Bronze Powerbook. It did have the black edges around the oasis and massive downsampling of the textures (what can you expect from 6mb of Vram).

The full version looks really very nice on my Gforce2MX, probably not nearly as nice as it does for others.

• 3 weeks later...

I have read the various comments regarding the fact that the CM's were developed using a MAC. Could I ask what kind?? What version Mac, What version S/W, Which video card, etc.??

I have a 2 year old G3 IMac, running 9.2.2 other than some jerkyness both CMBB & CMAK seem OK. CMBO ran very smoothly.

I have an "ATI Rage" card that came with the machine. What if anything should I upgrade to??

As I recall much of the development was done on a Sawtooth G4 with a 16mb video card. My recollection may be flawed however.

The graphics are another matter as several different individuals are responsible and I am pretty sure they are not all Mac users.

• 2 weeks later...

To Barman -

Be careful when it comes to upgrading video. There is a weird driver problem that makes ATI Radeon 9000's (Apple's standard card for a while as well as a good midrange card) break the video in Combat Mission games. I don't know if this problem continues up into the 9200's and 9600's but it broke my heart when I realized that I couldn't play CM on my brand new tower.

One work around I'm going to try is installing a second graphics card (probably an ATI Rage) in a pci slot and switching my monitor over to that when I want to play. But it's annoying. To be totally safe, get a Nvidia card.