Greetings all! New to ToW!

TheBlobThing

Hello all!

Just wanted to post and say hi. Bought ToW last year but my old rig couldn't handle it (P4 3.0GHz CPU was the bottleneck I suspect) so when I upgraded recently I could experience the full power of ToW completely lag-free, and it is something. I'm absolutely in love with this game, although I'm still learning (playing it through on easy tongue.gif )

So anyway, hi.

PS: I'm also active on the subsim.com forums if anyone is also a regular there.

Downloaded the demo last night and i must say that it was quite good.

I love the close combat series and more hands on rts games like company of heroes, so i was hoping to see the game working a bit like the two almagamated together. I wasn't dissapointed but there was something i couldn't quite put my finger on which has stopped me from buying the full product.

The defence against the British onslaught that you get with the demo seemed very easy......i was just wondering if this is the general feel from all. Also i didnt have to do alot to achieve it apart from set up as best i could. Now i know that the set up is important and maybe i deserved the victory for the way i did it, but i feel that the British tanks could have swept my rear at anytime.which they didnt.

Any replies welcome

Much criticism was laid at the door of the original demo for being too hard, if fact near impossible, this demo addresses that.

There are plenty of challenging missions in the game & the editors allow you to build your own easy or near impossible scenarios as you like them.

Give the full product a go, but best to get the download from BFC to avoid patching issues, you won't be sorry!

Originally posted by Gnasher:

Much criticism was laid at the door of the original demo for being too hard, if fact near impossible, this demo addresses that.

There are plenty of challenging missions in the game & the editors allow you to build your own easy or near impossible scenarios as you like them.

Give the full product a go, but best to get the download from BFC to avoid patching issues, you won't be sorry!

Looking back i think that i will go ahead and buy it soon. I will download the patch in the meantime to avoid having such a huge download later.

If as you say the editor is that good, then maybe i will finally have a good tactical WWII rts game in my collection.

What is the campaign like by the way? and is there a recommended mod for the game? (do like to add mods in my games)

Originally posted by redbear:

there are several campaign for different counties there are ones more difficult than others remember this is a brain game, you have to think here. abot the mod JHS mod see the treak here at the forum it is a good mod.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=63;t=001771

Thanks i will look at the mod. I replayed the Demo last night and i must admit that i enjoyed it far more this time. I do like the Chaos that it brings to you, but in a way that you can tactically fight your way out of it as opposed to mass brawls found in other games.

Seeing my armoured reinforcemants push back the onslaught of british tanks + the damage i did with carefully hidden panzerfausts was a triumph!!!.

Then to find myself having to quickly scurry and rotate to face a right flank sweep was great.

Hmm roll on the 25th June (payday)