Special Unit Orginzation

Juergen2SS

Say Im no Modder, but I appreciate those that can program modding stuff. I am curious if this game comes with Ranger units for the US, British Commandoes, Royal Marines, and Airborne with the proper outfits. Also can you have German Luftwaffe field units, and Waffen SS with the proper clothing...ie smocks, and dot pattern. I know some of the Heer units like Pz Lehr, GrossDuetchland, and Herman Goering units used Camo smocks (Heer) Is Battlefront going to come out with a patch for this type of stuff, or is this specificaly set up only for the editor? Or will mods have to be made? Just checking the game out, have not seen any special units.. only general types. I know in The Battlefront series which I still play (Barbarossa to Berlin, and Afrika Korps) they did an excellent job with all the different types of units, wether they were Airborne, Guard Units, Luftwaffe or Waffen SS. Excellent job, just checking to see what this game offers in the same regards.

Thanks,

Juergen.

I still come to this forum, in the vain hope to find the überpatch german localisation finished after more than three months waiting ...

Actually a few days ago an official from Kalypso stated in a german forum that TOW has not performed as expected. Make from that what you want.

Back to CMAK for me, leading my brave italian tanks to glorious victory !

me 2. i did wait a long time for the german patch now. i switched to paradox eu-rome now. good support. new and frech game. i really had looked forward for the tow patch but its over now. cu i another battlefront game in the future, without kalypso

I must say it is sort of wierd that they come up with a game like TOW, and let it go for a year it seems, and then POW! UBER PATCH! How about if they check out the forums and make another outstanding patch for some more detail oreintated units. The Editor looks capable, although I must say I have a decent system, and the game is still glichy at best. I too think Im going back to CMBB, and CMAK, at least I can play battles and edit with a good solid platform. TOW is too sketchy. I read about all the video problems, and people with High end machines having issues running it.. so sad.

If CMC is going to be a campaign type of game, then damit.. make it one. Make it so you can alter history by either winning or losing, I want to be imersed in a campaign, let me control Btn, Regimental, Divisional, or even Krp strength units. Let me decide how to pick and choose my attacking units or defending units. I want to see a campaign map change as I progress, or lose battles.... FOR GOD SAKES are the developers listening to the people who love WWII simulation type games. It seems like they keep making the same stuff with diffenrent names and minor tweaks. I would like to see a full blown campaign game, in which you can change the outcome depending on how well or not so well you play as commander.