TCP/IP error - Diff versions?

What bersion of CMBB are you both using; is it the CDV (retail), BFC (internet - hard copy) or Direct-to-Drive versions ? What was the original version on the media (or download) and how many patches did you apply to get to 1.03 ? For CMBB you need to apply each patch, sequentially (i.e. - you can't patch 1.01 to 1.03 with just the 1.03 patch). The primary reason for this is that not all of the replacement BMPs exist in the last patch.

Can you send your opponent and PBEM turn and see if the same error is reported ?

Looking at the necessary files for TCP/IP I have the Openplay.dll in the CMBB root directory (with the executable) at a size of 89,600 bytes and a modified date of November 30, 2000. In the OpenPlay Modules directory there is the TCPIP.lib file with a size of 35,466 bytes and a modified date of November 30, 2000 and the TCPIP.dll file with a size of 104,448 bytes and a modified date of November 30, 2000. These files will need to match along with the CMBB executable version in order to play online. To my knowledge none of the patches (at least the BFC ones) have replaced any of these files.