Sadly its not enough!

theBrit

Originally posted by Spartan:

Narses,

I have aways wanted to play a first person tank sim onlinemulti-player. What would you recommend?

The best WW 2 tank sim is still Panzer Elite (my view probably because I assisted in developing over 40 East Front scenarios for the "Ostpak" mod along with Geez's great tank models especially the 1942 Pz III and IV of 3rd Pz Div and BobR's technical work and map creations). There is also a BritPak available. But it came out late in 1999 and the engine is obsolete. It may be available on EBay and I believe there is a site to download all the improvements. I still play it.

I say all the above without having yet played the new Steel Fury (Kharkov 42) which has been released in Russia but not here yet. SF is also releasing a follow-on Steel Fire (Kharkov 43). That sounds very interesting as it involves the SS Pz Korps counterattacking to take Kharkov in Feb/Mar 43. You can check SimHQ webpage for info and the demo download (demo is for SF Kharkov 42). The T3476 interior is great and the crewmen actually function. The loader loads! I found the demo a bit rough with some problems and the English was terrible.

I am waiting for T3485 vs Tiger which I purchased through GoGamer. It is due and should be in the mail next week although that is what GoGamer said 1 month ago and I haven't check up on that. The graphics are outstanding.

Another is Red October that has been out for a several years but I didn't like it and went back to Pz Elite. However I've been told that with new patches it is now much better in regards tanks. Originally I thought it better than but just a little better than tank play in CODUO, etc.

Originally posted by Cincinatvs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Narses:

Then there is T3485 vs Tiger - I'm still checking my mail box every day for it.

Hi Narses

How did you proceed to get the T3485 vs Tiger ?

Tx </font>

Originally posted by Cincinatvs:

For Western European guys is better

to use "www.gameseek.co.uk"

smile.gif

My understanding is: The reason for the current 2 month delay is that the US publisher/distributor for T34 vs Tiger has told TvT developer that they will not release game in the US without a mission editor and an import module to add new vehicles.

ftp://ftp.lighthouse-interative.com/T34%20vs%20Tiger More screen shots

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Spartan:

I have aways wanted to play a first person tank sim onlinemulti-player. What would you recommend? [/QB]

One game that's both cheap and a heck of a lot of fun is Red Orchestra. You can download it on Steam.

Of course, it's not realistic enough to be called a simulator, but it definitely gets the feel of tank combat across and numerous and skillful tankers out on the net more than makes up for any deficiency in realism.

The only real failing I see is in the infantry behavior (hard for them to modify because of the shooter engine it uses) so you may have to avoid servers with a lot of that.