OMG

vin2007

Last year i gave my pc away to make way for a new quad core machine running vista 32bit and my battlefront version of TOW has been on a memory stick. After reading with great excitment for months that a patch will add a RBG and much more i decided to put the memory stick in and transfer TOW to my vista machine but after double clicking TOW setup the whole thing just hangs and i have to use alt ctrl del to get out of it. I cant believe that this wont work and with the patch iminent i am truly gutted, i have looked at the forums and read vista issues and wish i had never bought this stupid OS i have had nothing but problems with it. Looks like bye bye TOW as i refuse to pay for windows xp, Hello Linux smile.gif

WoW after leaving the setup going for 20 mins it worked but now i have another problem. When i start TOW using the TOW icon in the directory i get the menu screen asking to create profile but when i enter name nothing happens and if i do it 3 or 4 times it goes back to desktop yet if i select TOW 1.4 in directory it lets me create a profile. Whats the difference between TOW and TOW 1.4 im confused ?

TOW 1.4 executable was the original executable prior to the patch.

When the game was patched, certain multi-core enhancements were included which were supposed to make the game more compatible with newer processor types.

So Tow 1.4 gives you the added patch features minus the multi-core enhancements which seem to not work properly on some setups.

In Vista always run the game with Run as Administrator command in context menu (right-click exe file).

Setup was going for 20mins probably because you've run it directly from the Flash.

TOW 1.4 is newer exe version than just TOW.exe, in which ATI compatibility was enhanced.