Steel Fury Kharkov 1942

Sybma

I keep trying to play the demo but got real problems with the controls.

It's a pain in the a** that you can't view the key bindings while playing (or am I missing something?)

Besides I still can't figure out when and how my commands are executed and why some other things don't work out.

F.ex. why I have to change back to another position when playing driver just to keep the motor going....

Maybe it just takes some time to get used to it but this game is really very confusing...

Yeah, no ability to look at the controls while in-game is a major pain in the ass. You gotta back out all the way to the main menu. The T-72 tank sim had this same stupid omission. Best thing to do is printout the controls from the user manual file. But then you still have some guesswork ahead of you as the russian translation is pretty poor. But I will say, once you get past these hitches theres some definite fun to be had.

I don't bother driving at all, too busy looking for targets with the commanders binocs.

Here's a link to the demo for anybody interested.

uo00162rt.jpg

It's a really good game I reckon. If you liked T72 you'll like SF, if you like WW2 settings you'll like it even more! Improves on the T-72 engine quite a bit, better physics, 3d interiors, prettier plants etc....

Really good realism too, like having to open the lens cap on the main gun sights or being able to fully control the engine.