Out of map

PV

I had a similar problem...

In the German 2nd mission I had extreme problems knocking-out a Matilda (II?) which entered the map but stoped at the border.

I couldn't attack the rear armor so I had to hit the front and sides cause I couldn't move to the back.

I didn't count all the hits by my P38, PIII, PIV and captured Inf guns but even without penetration effekt that tank should've been coompressed to the size of a shoe-box.

Luckily I damaged the turret with one of my first shots (and unluckily? the tracks) so none of my units got lost and after a felt eternity I finally made the crew bail.

Anyway - that was very! frustrating...

Originally posted by nachinus:

This is another proof of how this game badly needs surrender rules. :(

The game actually needs an ENTIRE RE-WORK of it's TAC-AI or lack thereof.....

I believe the coders and developers at 1C and their publisher/advisers at BFC need to sit down and have an involved pow-wow about what they want this game to be.....All this talk about new models and maps, etc. is nice, but it won't solve the BASIC FUNDAMENTAL problems of a lack of a proper interface to interact with the infantry squads.

Do they want another RTS WWII clone or a real combat system that can be built upon and will stand on it's own legs for a number of years...the way the CM games did?

[ December 30, 2007, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: SlapHappy ]

SlapHappy,

I'd be interested to hear more about this from you. Lots of discussions but they are scattered all over the place. You are deeply involved with this game and have a great experience playing and looking into the stuff under the hood as well.

Maybe it would be a good idea to put it in a non emotional totally rational way the points you think need to be addressed. In order of priority. And maybe even divide it in two lists. One, of things that would be feasible in the short term, and other for a next version of the game.

Maybe a new thread?

This way it might more focused.

--

[ December 31, 2007, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Webwing ]