cmak v tow thoughts

Freeboy

now granted I never really bought into cmak like bb or bo, but I pulled it out of retirement for laptop as tow is incapacitated with my desktop parts spread out all over my desk.

I realized that cm series plays out as a strategy game, very cerebrial with a graphics bonus, u get to see your units perform the orders you gave..

while I get a TOTALY different feel to TOW.

With TOW, one gets an emersive feel, great graphics with a lot less orders.. much more ability to micro manage.

Had the folks designing tow looked at cm and tried to model it more in that line they would have smoothed some ruffled feathers, but they really where not making a new cm, they where heading into sim land, and a beautiful if immature product we have.. I am hopefull I can produce terreign in an editor thats makes sence, my current capacity is limited to adding and polacing units! lol viva lat patch!

Originally posted by Freeboy:

now granted I never really bought into cmak like bb or bo, but I pulled it out of retirement for laptop as tow is incapacitated with my desktop parts spread out all over my desk.

I realized that cm series plays out as a strategy game, very cerebrial with a graphics bonus, u get to see your units perform the orders you gave..

while I get a TOTALY different feel to TOW.

With TOW, one gets an emersive feel, great graphics with a lot less orders.. much more ability to micro manage.

Had the folks designing tow looked at cm and tried to model it more in that line they would have smoothed some ruffled feathers, but they really where not making a new cm, they where heading into sim land, and a beautiful if immature product we have.. I am hopefull I can produce terreign in an editor thats makes sence, my current capacity is limited to adding and polacing units! lol viva lat patch!

I agree with your last statement. If they had made the game more in line with CMBB/CMAK they wouldn't be able to keep it in stock. I preordered and haven't played in monthes, hell never even reinstalled the game after rebuilding my computer. It's just to limited and scripted for my taste. Graphics wise its beautiful, but it just comes up very short as a strategy game.

I think u missunderstand, it is a great sim, not a strategy game. I noticed immediatelyu with villares boccage cmak I was planning and saying:

" where are those buggers going to show up?" where to place my arcs of fir etc..

I love tow as a simple sim, and it will only get better, and I found solo cm of all three incarnations, wrong word??? very easy as the ia was SSOO stupid, so I love TOW and am looking forward to perhaps some multiplayer..

I believe at least one of the development team had mentioned that they were trying to get the "Close Combat in 3-D" that titles like Squad Assault failed to deliver. They mentioned their love of the Close Combat series.

BTW, Tuesday is official "patch release day" throughout the known universe.....

Any chance of a surprise tomorrow?

I think we've all been very very good this year....... smile.gif

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

BTW, Tuesday is official "patch release day" throughout the known universe.....

Any chance of a surprise tomorrow?

I think we've all been very very good this year....... smile.gif

By the way that's DVD release day and games, not patches. lol

Nice try though.

Originally posted by Freeboy:

I am hopefull I can produce terreign in an editor thats makes sence, my current capacity is limited to adding and polacing units! lol viva lat patch!

The builder will blow your mind! You'll soon find out.

I don't want to be cruel or to tease you guys but... I am creating this little village now, exactly the way I had always wanted and was never able to. Cool! :cool:

If feels like I'm creating one of those nice dioramas... only I can actually have a real battle in TOW afterwards!!!

--