Just tried the Demo

RockinHarry

..from a german game magazine DVD.

Despite the high minimum requirements for hardware i got the demo to run at suffciently speed (on Athlon XP 1600+, 768 RAM, FX5200) and got some impressions. There´s lots of things that I like smile.gif ...beside the ones I´m disappointed about which are, houses that can not be entered by infantry, fences impassable to infantry, inappropiate terrain tiles for forested areas, unrealistic looking entrenchment positions and the like for guns. :(

Is anything of that about to be improved for the future?

Well hopefully all of it (see dev blogs thread) but timeframe and actual improvements unclear as yet.

Keep at it, it's a really rewarding game with lots of scope for improvement.

It's getting quiet around this neck of the woods, and I'm worried this will cause the devs to give up patching it etc.

I just tried the demo also... and I agree with most of the stuff I have read in the forums. There is lots of potential here. Once I got past the quad core thing (one CPU option) and the EAX thing (turn off) and a bit of a surprise that it was not performing better on an 8800 I really liked a lot of things. I guess the one thing that is stopping me from purchasing it presently is the lack of a usable game editor (I use them extensively). From my readings it seems that the editor is more of a "developers" tool than a "user" tool. If they add one in the future I would purchase.

Just a thought... I know that this game has great potential and I would like to see it grow.

I was thinking they should put in the game a large overlay map of Europe and from there you would place your men and set up for your attacks and counter attacks. The large map would not show any enemy troups ( excluding any troups you have ran into ) untill you are within a fighting range of them. This would make the gameplay much better I feel.By doing this it would make the realization that when you start a battle, game zooms to the battle screen which is the one we have now, and the los would then be appropriate.

Just a thought and wanted to share it with all of you here. Let me know your feelings on this.

God Keep you all ....

Yep, looks like plenty of interesting stuff on the horizon in the patch and add-on. I also think that a basic scenario generator would be a great addition, as would be an operational level game rather than a string of individual battles - haven't seen anything about that sort of thing from the devs yet though?

Have fun

Finn