Can't get Map Builder to run..

gwack

I know I must be missing something..but when I click on the build exe, or the desk top icon, etc for the map builder, the hard drive goes on a couple of times and then nothing. Anyone have a suggestion? I apologize ahead of time if I am missing something obvious. :rolleyes:

I know that one poster has already mentioned that he had to reboot his system after applying the patch to get the builder.exe program to execute properly, so you might try that.

I did that as well as a pre-caution and it loaded up fine for me the first time. You will still need to set some screen resolution properties for it after it starts, because it defaults to a screen resolution of 1024 x 768. Unless, of course, that is your monitors native resolution.

gwack, could you switch on builder's log file and email it to me?

Open bldwin.ini in Theatre of War's directory, add the following line to the [core] section:

console=(bLog=true,bLogTime=false,bPause=true,bUseStartLog=false,bWrap=true,history=128,historyCmd=128,logFile=builder.lst,page=20)

When you try to run the builder next time, it must generate builder.lst file. Email me this file to gavd@1c.ru. If there is cppcrash directory in the Theatre of War, pack it into the archive and send it to me too.

Please, add to the letter the link to this post.

P.S. What about the game itself? Does it run OK?

[ June 28, 2007, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: dmg ]

gwack, did you have the DVD or download version of the game? If the DVD version, then you probably just need to rename one file to get everuthing working (a few mirror sites hosted an incorrect version of the patch that had this issue).

Browse to your game folder and see if you have a file called tow2.dll. If you do, rename it to elicen40.dll and now try and launch the game.

Madmatt

Thanks for the suggestion, but, I have the downloaded version. I have the DVD..but have not changed over to it. I sent a follow up email to you that the game runs fine..in fact a lot better than before the patch. It is the Map Editor that won't open and run.

Try the following:

Open bldwin.ini file in the Theatre of War’s directory, find the “window” parameter in the section [core] and set the proper values of width, height and refreshRate, that your monitor and videocard supports. Also you may set fullScreen and changeScreenRes to false to make the builder work in the window mode. Then save the file and try to run the builder once again.

Some progress made! I followed your instructions and now can get a window to appear that has a gray background with a blue boarder at the top with the name "Builder" in the upper left corner, But it does not evolve further. No menu options to open and nothing appears below in this gray background.

Gwack:

I had the same problem trying to run the Builder program in a window - no menu items etc. Try using "full screen". To set this edit the "bldwin.ini" file - under CORE locate the Window parameter and set fullScreen=true. Save the file and restart.

Should work.