Lost my campaign after patch

von Ribbentrop

Solution? There isnt going to be one Im sure. Sometimes when new material is added its enough that saves cant carry over.

You could try saving your campaign saves seperate before you apply the patch and then importing them back. Dont know if that will even work though.

I will ask 1C about this. I wasn't aware that this would occur, but I also didn't test with old save games so it may have been overlooked that this would occur.

I am very sorry if that turns out to be the case.

What I can do though, is get 1C to supply me with a "Campaigns All Done - Player Profile". They did this during testing. Basically, its just a save file from someone that already played all the campaign missions and therefore unlocks them all to choose from.

You can also copy any campaign mission into the Single Battles folder and play them that way too...

Madmatt

[ June 26, 2007, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

I should go on playing without having to redo all that I just have done. I do not like play once more a game especially if it gives me frustration. As a try I can play a campaign and save the game. Looking at the files and comparing them with an "old version" trying to find any difference...someone of you has just tested ??

Of course it's a valid complaint, if you're halfway through a campaign then continuing unlocks the remaining battles. Of course you can replay the lot again, but if you don't want to...

At a guess I suspect the campaign data structure has changed slightly. Previously there was no obvious way to add entirely new campaigns to the interface, whereas now we can. I think it's quite likely (I haven't checked) if you look at an old campaign save file and a new one you'll find an extra tag or attribute, copy it from old to new save game file and things may well work again.

Have fun

Finn

Did none of you people bother to read the information posted on the official page for the patch? You had fair warning. It clearly states, "Due to the changes in this patch, older save games will not work. You will have to restart any in-progress campaigns/battles."

You had the option to finish your current mission or campaign prior to installing the patch.

Originally posted by Bad:

its a funny thing when ppl complain even tho they got this addon for FREE, aka zERO money

Ah...it is all OK. I buy a game, lot of peoples have trouble with it, the official requirements for the game are undervalue, it has proven that has several bugs and needs optimization...then they give us the first of a series of patchs ( i suppose ) and also a free add-on. I call this support and it is in my right. I did not ask for an add-on. Thanks for it anyway.

I'm all in support of patches/addons but I really don't like the fact that all my saved games and campaign progress has disappeared and for what? A patch that has dealt with some issues but left others for later.

If a tool to get these missions back is not available I may well leave this game as good as it is simply because I cannot be bothered to play x million levels again.

Originally posted by FinnN:

Pointing out a bug isn't complaining, it's being helpful so that errors can be identified and corrected. Prove me wrong if you think otherwise tongue.gif

Have fun

Finn

finding bugs is one thing, whining is what most of them doing here

Originally posted by carando:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bad:

its a funny thing when ppl complain even tho they got this addon for FREE, aka zERO money

Ah...it is all OK. I buy a game, lot of peoples have trouble with it, the official requirements for the game are undervalue, it has proven that has several bugs and needs optimization...then they give us the first of a series of patchs ( i suppose ) and also a free add-on. I call this support and it is in my right. I did not ask for an add-on. Thanks for it anyway. </font>

Originally posted by Bad:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by carando:

Ah...it is all OK. I buy a game, lot of peoples have trouble with it, the official requirements for the game are undervalue, it has proven that has several bugs and needs optimization...then they give us the first of a series of patchs ( i suppose ) and also a free add-on. I call this support and it is in my right. I did not ask for an add-on. Thanks for it anyway. </font>

Did none of you people bother to read the information posted on the official page for the patch? You had fair warning. It clearly states, "Due to the changes in this patch, older save games will not work. You will have to restart any in-progress campaigns/battles."

You had the option to finish your current mission or campaign prior to installing the patch.

That sounds fair and i,m not complaining,so i just restart my campaign to see al the new

thingies the patch did bring.

C'mon restart your campaign if you dare. ;)

Originally posted by carando:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by carando:

as I posted in the patch thread, You can save the russian missions but not load them, my cpu still idles at 99% and I see no real fixes with los etc not to mention mortars are still left out ( which i was hoping for ) so besides the addition of a russian campaign, some waypoints and map editor the patch seems to be just a farce. BTW it isn't just a free add on it's also a patch that was suppose to incorporate several fixes so the "you got it for free blah blah yadda yadda" crap is a moot point. They paid money for the game and they have a right to complain as do I.

[ June 27, 2007, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: KiloAlpha4 ]

Originally posted by KiloAlpha4:

as I posted in the patch thread, You can save the russian missions but not load them, my cpu still idles at 99% and I see no real fixes with los etc not to mention mortars are still left out ( which i was hoping for ) so besides the addition of a russian campaign, some waypoints and map editor the patch seems to be just a farce. BTW it isn't just a free add on it's also a patch that was suppose to incorporate several fixes so the "you got it for free blah blah yadda yadda" crap is a moot point. They paid money for the game and they have a right to complain as do I.

And you have been complaining a lot today I have noticed, but thats fine, its your right. Be advised though that the full list of patch features was posted at several times i nthe past so while you can be upset that some of your pet peeve issues weren't included, its not as if we ever said they would be (for example on-board mortars).

Now, as to the save games, it is listed in the patch documentation that save games would be lost but I contacted 1C and they said that if you first backup your users\player1 directory, you *should* be able to restore it after you patch and get your save games back. I am sorry I did not know this was possible before now, as I would have advised people to do that. Please note though, I have NOT yet had time to test this yet.

However I think that greater stability, performance, AI and gameplay enhancements, a map editor and all new 10 mission campaign more than makeup for the loss of any in-progress campaign savegames. You may disagree with my opinion, that is your choice.

Now then, to help offset any loss of save games, I will be posting a new "User Profile" that will unlock ALL the Campaing missions. Essentially, it is a copy of a user profile that has already played and won every battle. With this user profile loaded, you can pick and choose any battle that you wish to play from any of the campaigns. Is it a perfect solution, NO, but again, I think it will work well for most people. I expect to have that ready before the weekend, maybe much sooner.

Madmatt