Whats happend with all those skins?

rofl

Yes i know, but try out the Ferdinand:

You can select in the encyclopedia 3 differend summerskins but in the editor you can only select summer3 or winter :( .

I also try out to rewrite the mission.xml file with notepad but then the vehicle appears in bright yellow :D

Originally posted by FinnN:

In the skin definitions some are limited by various things like date. It could be that if you change the date of the mission you might see more (just a guess, not actually tried this).

Have fun

Finn

Unfortunatelly not, first i thought some skins was bound on differned maps or date but thats not the case.

I start to make a kurskmission, date was set at july '43 (of corse), but i can only select one summer and one winterskin for the ferdinand.

Those beautifull giraffe paintscheme was not available, very sad :(

Originally posted by FinnN:

In the skin definitions some are limited by various things like date. It could be that if you change the date of the mission you might see more (just a guess, not actually tried this).

Have fun

Finn

Very likely, it is linked also to dates, as said.

br.

Dr.Jones

Skin files are linked to season and the year. Some countries have more skin versions. Looking at the Pz.IV it has 2 summer and 1 winter skin. Summer skin1 is used 19.03.1942 31.10.1942 and summer skin 2 is used from 1938-45 minus the 1942 dates. By the way winter skins go from Nov. 1 to March 31.

Theoretically it is possible to add new skins and divisional markings, but it is a lot more difficult than skinning in Il-2 for various reasons. It involves much more than just putting a new skin file in the directory. The main question is whether the juice is worth the squeeze.

Oudy

Yep, same with infantry. The seasons seem to be arbitary, so it is actually possible to add 'autumn', 'spring', 'tropical' or whatever. As far as I can tell it only picks them out of the list of date ranges, the season is just a naming convention.

Key to this is storing the information in a database and exporting it to the correct format. I guess it's still just about manageable for vehicles, but for infantry it'd be a nightmare to do by hand with all the interrelated files and the mission editor at least seems to want things exactly right so the chances of typos creeping in are high. I've almost done this for infantry and after a rest from programming to get the new units appropriate uniform graphics I'll probably extend it to the text files associated with vehicles.

Have fun

Finn

Originally posted by Oudy:

Skin files are linked to season and the year. Some countries have more skin versions. Looking at the Pz.IV it has 2 summer and 1 winter skin. Summer skin1 is used 19.03.1942 31.10.1942 and summer skin 2 is used from 1938-45 minus the 1942 dates.

Yes, but i think thats made for autoselect.

And to the ferdinand,

it makes not realy sense to have one winter and one summerskin on the prokhorovka-map, dated at july '43, but the famous giraffe paintscheme is not selectable.

Maybe it's a bug in the editor :(

I know, it's realy not the mainproblem of the game but im lil bit confused about that :D