historical inaccuracies

Stevo

Love the game but am a little irked by things like hetzers appearing in Normandy missions and maps with grossly misnamed units (St Lo mission). I don't know what most of the other missions are like yet.

I expected TOW, which would appeal to alot of wargamers and history buffs like myself to be more accurate.

just my 2cents

cheers smile.gif

As campaigns and missions are fully creatable and editable modders can fix this if need be.

I think this was as normal dude says just a design decision to make variety for the player.

I guess I'm just saying I don't care as I know that its easy to fix

after looking around in these ingame option where you can see all vehicles and data, i was looking up the gun stats a bit. pretty weired.

the 75/L48 is about 10mm better than the "normal" 76mm t34´s and short barreled shermans.

the armor values are more or less right... :D

at least PzIV are badly armored but the gun is nerfed in my view :D

probably so they can trow PzIV´s at you in the russian camapin.

for comparison, the tiger here has less penetartion @100m, than the 75/L48 in CM @100m.

i dont nessesarily say CM has it total right but it feels better. PzIV get KOed fast but KO´s good.

quiet suprising i found this pics about 20minutes after looking this up ingame.

http://www.theatreofwar.de/pics/1729_middle.jpg

http://www.theatreofwar.de/pics/1728_middle.jpg

look up the penetration chart. the hetzer has 135 @100m(wich is pretty close to CM values). in MY version it says 96 @100m :???:

same with tiger about 40mm difference between the sceenshot and the version now.

where to find some penetration charts for 75/L48!? i googled but couldnt find any.

lets see.

greetings

Actually it seems like currently the missions have less variety, vehicle-wise at least, as you're usually facing swarms of the same tanks, more often than not the heaviest type available to the enemy (I've got as far as the third Russian mission and the attacking tanks seem to be composed more of PzIVCs than anything else - surely Pz.IIIs, 35t and 38ts would be more common in 1941?)

I'm working on some modifications to the stock TOW campaign missions, to add more variety and historical accuracy to the unit selection (infantry as well as tanks) on both sides, but won't start any serious work on this until the patch is out (which will probably make changes to the mission files).

So far I've modified the first Polish mission, replacing some of the PzIIs and one or two PzIVs with Pz1s, Pz35(t)s and armoured cars, and giving the defending infantry a couple of LMGs.

To Pandur: according to the developers, the unit stats shown in the encyclopedia are not those used in the game (it'd be helpful if the patch updated them so that they matched!). Not sure about the stats shown for units during missions - I'd assume that these are the actual numbers used by the game engine though.

@Drawde79

hm, i looked it up ingame. the "enceklopedia" says 96, ingame it say 96 too.

this should get updated if wrong i say.

@Tartari

hm, when this table is right thats pretty bad, assuming that the ingame stats are 0°.

the chart shows all numbers for 30°

Originally posted by Drawde79:

To Pandur: according to the developers, the unit stats shown in the encyclopedia are not those used in the game (it'd be helpful if the patch updated them so that they matched!). Not sure about the stats shown for units during missions - I'd assume that these are the actual numbers used by the game engine though.

Yep, this has been beaten to death in multiple previous threads, but the actual penetration values and characteristics used by the game engine do not match the encylopedia, and match the literature.

Yep, this has been beaten to death in multiple previous threads, but the actual penetration values and characteristics used by the game engine do not match the encylopedia, and match the literature.
oh, iam sorry!

i didnt found any of those threads. when you recall one by name can you search it and link it for me plz!?

id like to read up...

id say they should fix this asap(not to demand!). the charts are totaly useless when there are at least 1 wrong chart in the game. i asume noone said how many charts are wrong so it can be pretty many?!

@Tartari

this table was the L43 one!?

ok so i ahve it now.

thanks!