Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

First impression the x one...

Tludias

I'm not the one wh's writing for a game in an official forum but after the experience of the weekend I think now its time...

Right after I fired the game up (no problem even with AMD) and took my lessons on the Training (anybody thinking he's clever... you be coming back soon enough) I thought I got it. Manouver, Fire, Flank and hit em with Arty. NO PROBLEM! Well...

Campaign German first mission (difficult Medium): "Assault" Put it this way, Yeah, I won. Price doesn't matter. Losses went up and up and up... but a few survived (at least one more than the enemies).

Back to Training. Maybe I missed something. Of course I missed something: "THINK" and "make a plan" ahh.. and of course "make a backup plan" because the first one does not work for sure. And the result, Casualties: 1 Tank 25 persons, but inflicted 4 times the damage ;) I got it!

Boys this is it! Put Close Combat, Combat Mission and some very important extras and addons in a box, shake it and you get one of THE best games I've seen for years! Try it! If you loose, try again its worth every mouseclick.

Now I'm assaulting Dunkirk.. and got a beating... will do again different...

Next time I'll get him.

Everybody complaining doesn't get it. Maybe RTFM and THINK then click (this is not command and conquer there is no tank rush). This is Tactics and it works. By the way Sun Tzu -> read it maybe you get it. And of course, a german guy called Clausewitz also wrote something helpfull.

If not, Play something else and don't complain.

1C & Battlefront this thing rocks!

Guys,

I agree. BUT!!! There is some very poor AI here. I have enemy tanks charging through my infantry ranks. Infantry marching on without firing. Troops taking fire without taking cover. AT teams not using AT arms within close range of armour. OK if looking to micromanage but no good if not...

Maybe this will be fixed i the patch and its not the strategy AI that worries me because its online against human enemies that interests me but I dont want to have to micromanage...

The game does require micromangement. Do what I do, first pause right after the mission starts, order all of my units to hold, don't fire, take cover (kneel, prone), the use some to recon the area, see what develops, then move troops as needed.

Otherwize your troops will just move straight ahead into the enemy.

I'm with Spartan. I really like this game, but micromanagement is a pain for me. I'd like the AI to be more autonomous and efficient so I dont have to make babbysitting with each soldier.

And when I say 'autonomous' I mean in an intelligent way, not moving around towards the enemy without being told to do so :D