Covered Arc

KG_AGCent

Is there any chance of getting a Covered Arc feature implemented for AT and armor? This was probably the most ingenious feature added to CMBB over CMBO and it makes soooo much sense from not only a player's point of veiw but also as former vehicle commander myself.

Actually the most useful part of the covered arc in CM was being able to set an engagement range against all enemy. It was most useful in ambushes, MG lanes, and anti tank weapons. Also, units under a covered arc command did not always adhere to it. Experience played a big role in whether a unit stuck to it.

Originally posted by Freeboy:

CA was a great feature.. add that and the abilit y of infantry to hide and I think this gets even bettter

The other feature you need in this game is the move to contact order.

CA and MtC are key "orders". This is just an micromanaged RTS until you have those types of orders, not a "combat/tactical simulation".

Originally posted by Freeboy:

I also liked the seek hull down.. , how about lock the facing of the hull?

What we need is either a lot more intelligent AI that takes care of minor tactical issues, like hull down, facing, target priority, etc., or better tools to make micro management of the troops viable. Right now as I play, I don't see either.

CM is a pretty good balance of AI and tools. I can tell troops only fire at tanks that are within 100 meters directly in front of you. I can then go and check out what is going on somewhere else. I know that in general, my troops will do what I say, and also defend themselves if a squad of germans walks into them while I am watching my MG crew set up.