Screen is white

EricM

I started to play the tiny battle (can't remember the name) in which a platoon of US airborne troops are guarding a road block against SS troops. The weather is fog. When I start the battle the screen is white. If I turn off the fog, I see everything fine. But with partial or full fog just white. Is this normal for a fog screen? My son is bugging me to get a 3-D card and says that the reason I don't see anything is because I don't have one. My game runs just fine without it.

Thanks,

Eric

What video card do you have ?

You may want to enable "fog-table emulation" in the control panel for your video card (if such a control exists for it). You usually should be able to get it by going to Control Panel > Display control panel > Settings tab > Advanced button. Here you should get a new set of tabs in your control panel, if you driver is providing anything like this. Look for something that mentions you card manufacturer or DirectX. If you do have such tabs, then the fog-table emulation setting might be found here.

EricM - You need to go to Control Panel > System control panel > Device Manager tab > double-click on the Display Adapters line and this should tell you the name/brand of your video card. I believe the Riptide may be your audio/modem PCI card (especially if you have an HP).

If you can't find the option for "fog-table emulation" then it is possible that your card either doesn't need to "emulate" fog-tables or it doesn't have the capability to work with CM's fog.

Once you've identified your video card, let us know what brand it is and we'll see what info we can possibly provide you.

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 09-06-2000).]

OK the best I can tell is that it's a Rage Pro Turbo AGP 2X (english) (what ever that means). There is no tab for enabling fog emulation (I think that's what you called it) so I guess it won't display fog except as a white screen. No big deal, though it would be nice. The other question is when I disable the fog effect with Shift-W does that units still play and "see" as if there was fog or does it become clear for them?

Thanks for your help.

Eric