Editor help

ChrisND

I'm trying to set up a test scenario for AFV kill-zones for running over infantry.

bocagejs8.jpg

The Panther appears, but with no crew (Note that I have set the crew in the window).

The US sniper just doesn't appear at all.

What am I doing wrong? The "help" file is pretty cryptic.

Normal Dude

Right click on the Panther and select "add crew". You should see "Main" which is the default name specified in "CrewSetName". Then select one of the four skill levels for the crew which appears in the selection tool...Novice, Regular, etc...

Note you still have to set a "placeholder" for the new unit you created. This specifies where the unit actually appears on the map. The placeholder also must match the proper "type". In this case, it would be "tank". You also need to set the two "blocking" values for the crew to "False".

Also set the "backpack set" value for the vehicle to "mixed" or you will get a unit with no ammo! Not very much fun!

The crew is is already Main_Regular, and the locks are off (I realize they were On in the screeni, but they are off.)

The backpack is off on purpose, I am testing AFV over-runs so no ammo is needed.

Placeholders for crews? I'm a bit confused, I had set up a scenario before, in the exact same way, and the crews appeared in their tank...? How do I set a placeholder for crews?

Not for crews, for the vehicle. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Right click on the Panther and select "add crew". You should see "Main" which is the default name specified in "CrewSetName". Then select one of the four skill levels for the crew which appears in the selection tool...Novice, Regular, etc...

I still think this is your problem. The first header "crew" directly under "05.crew" should have a value in it which corresponds to the name of the crew. Yours is blank and the "crew" header is greyed out.

Yeah it won't let me edit that "crew" slot, no matter what I do.

Then I need to figure out to get the damned sniper to show up on the map. Looks like I'm waiting for a while I try to make any missions.

Working with this has also shown me why certain units get "stranded" outside the normal setup zones and you can't move them during the initial setup. It has to do with the placeholder. Even if there is a vacant placeholder available for a unit, it has to be the right "type" or the program will ignore it and not place the unit correctly. Why it seems to throw it out in the middle of nowhere, I have no idea.

About the sniper. Make sure the map icon is not sitting "on top" of another unit and you can't see it. I created a French sniper and the icon was sitting on top of the Char b1 bis which was previously selected prior to the sniper creation. Detachment icons look like normal infantry detachments, with three soldiers depicted in the icon itself.