Is this right?

Cochise

I lured a char b tank into an ambush of 2 pz iv's. The pz's have the L24 75 mm gun. I loaded up HE rounds and blew one of his tracks off so he rotated with his ass directly and squarely in front of me. I then fired another round of HE and blew the other track off.

I then proceeded to switch to regular AP ammo, thinking that I could penetrate the rear hull but no joy. I then positioned both pz iv's directly behind him and proceeded to fire about 5 rounds each directly at his hull at 70 meters and cannot break his armor. I can't get much further away from him because of the terrain, but I wouldn't think that would be a problem.

The tank crew inside the char b is deaf by now from the concussion of the rounds hitting the tank hull, but their giggles are infruriating me.

Any thoughts????

I can send you the game file if you want to play it, I've saved it with the tanks right behind him.

CharB.jpg

[ May 03, 2007, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Cochise ]

Quality of armor is not realized in game at this moment… But we were planning to make this feature available in future.

Most of your shells ricocheted from B because it is rather “round” if I can say so smile.gif

if the tankers inside have the nerves to stay inside, its perfectly spot on i guess. i had similar stuff happening to me on one occasion, and the opposite on another, where a crew abandoned their intact vehicle and started to run.

just yesterday, i had a great shootout in the german campaign. the third mission it was afaik. the last t34 was duking it out vs my remaining pak38 and 3 panzers. he took several hits, and all of a sudden, the crew started to abandon one by one. i think the driver started to bail first, while the tc was still letting it rip!! what a cool scene that was.

Aye, they're tough little nuts to crack but nevertheless.... he must die

Speaking of the tough Char I just saw a Battlefield documentry from the France Blitz,

there is a Char B getting hit from the side by unknown german gun the crew is seen evacuating shortly after! It seems the germans had something

at the front to bust them!

God bless your troops

Apparently it was actually an enlarged air intake (not a radiator) required by the larger engine added to the Char B1bis. Two Pak 35 or 36 knocked out three Char B1bis at Stonne from close range.

See this image for a detail of the intake.