"Escape the Pocket" Bug

K9crump

I will try to make this short and sweet. I am at the end of this mission and there seems to be a bug in the scripting. On the last push by the americans, when there tanks come over the hill, none of my units will engage. Tanks and ATG have LOS(good) and are not firing. Then they subsequently get knocked out one at a time. Even when the tanks pushed all the way to where the trenchline was I had like 8 AT grenade strikes on a Sherman and it didnt do anything. Anyone else have a similar problem? I have the game save data, and I thought I heard of someone on the forums play testing some things, but cant remember who it was. This mission really torqued me, because I handled everything well, and then the end... I had a Panther tank that I traded some units to get in the beginning of the mission, and He wasted like 8 or 9 tanks and was doing great...then the last part, he just sat there.

Mike

I just finished that mission, and it was a real bugger. I had a crazy amount of CTDs, far more than any other missions, but I didn't see your problem.

Where was the Panther stationed? I had noticed that LOS/LOF did seem to get trickyonce they started reaching the hill, but my unit were on Free-Move orders so they were self-correcting.

It still had plenty of rounds, also I had an PAK 43, and also the other panther and 2 markIII's from the reinforcements you get. Dont know Why they give MarkIII's in this late war scenario, but oh well. Problem is that they wouldnt fire, even when they had great LOS. And the shermans just smoked them all. Even got to my trenchline and I had all my guys throw at grenades at 1 individual sherman, and it had no effect at all. Like 7 hits...Must be something wrong. I will fight the rest of the battles and go back and probaly mod this one and see if It has any effect.

Mike