Misson Editor&AI Artillery support.

Petteerr

Ok,

Iam messing with the editor and i have create one mission where i try to test various things.One of them is AI artillery support,i have add support to Ai army and i have enable it through triggers.(just enabled it,didnt give order to bomb or support a particular rectagular or point)

AviaSupportChangeState ( 2 , ALL , ENABLE )

ArtSupportChangeState ( 2 , ENABLE ).

The disspointing is that the Ai intelligense doesnt choose where to use Artillery by itself i think that we have code it through triggers but like this it isnt so much interesting and moreover even we that we taste the mission and also play it we know where always the Ai will shoot.

Am i wrong? can we make Ai to support itself(automated,dynamic) with out having to code it??

Thanks..

I noticed a few typos in the trigger documentation myself. Try opening a mission with support and see how 1C coded it. Another thing Ive done to debug something is to use a neutral or friendly army so you can see what theyre doing.

edit: You could try using the minefield function and/or use variables so it will be semi random.

Ohh I forgot to mention that of course i have add units to Ai support through the mission tab(press to edit supports).

Although i have done this and enable it through triggers as i explain above the Ai doesnt seem to react.Even if they need to get support they never choose to support their Army.I think the only way is to code it thorugh triggers where we choose where the Ai to strike but as i explained like that is not very interesting!

So does anyone have tried this? Is there anything else i could do so that Ai support itself?

So,what can we do to make Ai support itself?I mean to let Ai choose where to support its Army without having to code it(Ai to choose itself wich rectangular or point to support) Mean without coding it through triggers except just enabling it!

Is that possible? Or need a patch?

what about something like if the enemy unit is visible by a designated spotter(optional), farther than 100-200 meters, wait 60 sec, create a rectangle around it and use the rectangle as the parameters for the minefield function or however they did it in other missions?

Thats interesting I may have to tinker with it tonight.

Moon, thanks for the insight, that is real helpful to know about the case. Does this mean Im a java programmer now? smile.gif