1C & BattleFront........

Krull

Originally posted by Green Lizard:

Having been a fan back to when CMBO was new and there were less than 4000 registered users on this board, I also bought this on BF reputation alone and my past experience with them. IMHO this game really misses the mark and I would never buy another BF released game on their reputation alone. My expensive mistake for not waiting.

Same for me .. look at my member # btw ;)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i said in an earlier post.

Tries hard. But for me, VERY disappointing.

I believe this game would have been more acceptable by many if it had been released 5 or more years ago. I accept that it's a small dev' teams creation and all kudos to them but it seems that the world of computer game play moves so fast that unless you can somehow keep up you will be lost in the myriad. All in all a very dated looking game,with numerous bugs and poor command interface, unfortunately drawfed in a world of superior graphics and Yes, superior gameplay. Still maybe it will mod well? Just my opinion of course.

But I have learned my lesson, I will NEVER buy another game until I've played the demo no matter how much the publishers or dev's try to TEMPT me..I completely agree with Krull..Why was the demo released so late? could it be that Battlefront/dev's, realised that the consumer would catch on and realise that this game is very badly flawed?...Never Again ! !

Originally posted by jdevlin:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BillyBob:

When BF finally hits the bottom of this ToW hole there won't be many bones left un-broken.

Oddly enough, I have doubts about your ability to predict the future.

No matter how you spin this, the blame will always fall back on you. No one forced you to buy, and the game and game developers don't really deserve your vitriol. </font>

I kind of agree with the original poster. I bought the game on faith from my experience with previous titles from this developer.

Releasing the demo only a day before the actual release is a joke. That didn't give much time for people to evaluate and determine if they were going to order. I suspect that if they released the demo a month early from the game they would have lost a lot of pre-orders, including mine. I am might sell my copy as soon as I receive it...I am still debating.

Originally posted by BillyBob:

Un-oddly enough I have doubts about your ability to assimilate what is so obvious to the vast majority of people who have played this game so far...that it's a turkey that was over-hyped by a company that once had a reputation to be proud of.

...And I further doubt your ability to make a post that isn't slathered in hyperbole. Use of eloquent words doesn't automatically make one eloquent, nor does it automatiocally make your points valid.

Vast majority? I guess you have to believe what you have to believe. I meant to ask you - who is this vast majority? Do you have meetings? A forum I can go visit?

Or is it just you in your armchair, playing video game industry analyst? :rolleyes:

In a few months BF will no longer be predominantly remembered for the excellence that was CM, they'll be reviled for the excrescence that is ToW.

Fair enough - you have made your claim. We'll see whats what in a couple of months. I'm sure that your predictions are spot on. :rolleyes:

Considering a lot of game devs release demo as the game is released or after. Also considering that most peeps wait intil reviews start coming through even if their is a demo.

C'mon Jonesy your joking right?

How many CM players are going to buy this game thinking its CM and that Battlefront is the ultimate in realistic wargames devs..... Anyone played their sci-fi title? What do you expect of that?

Anyone played t72 balkans in fire?

For that matter anyone played a matrix game or company of heroes?

Name anything that comes close to CC or CM and you will find that this is it...

Un-oddly enough I have doubts about your ability to assimilate what is so obvious to the vast majority of people who have played this game so far...that it's a turkey that was over-hyped by a company that once had a reputation to be proud of.

...And I further doubt your ability to make a post that isn't slathered in hyperbole. Use of eloquent words doesn't automatically make one eloquent, nor does it automatiocally make your points valid.

Vast majority? I guess you have to believe what you have to believe. I meant to ask you - who is this vast majority? Do you have meetings? A forum I can go visit?

Or is it just you in your armchair, playing video game industry analyst? :rolleyes:

In a few months BF will no longer be predominantly remembered for the excellence that was CM, they'll be reviled for the excrescence that is ToW.

Fair enough - you have made your claim. We'll see whats what in a couple of months. I'm sure that your predictions are spot on. :rolleyes: </font>

Posts here and posts at Sim.HQ, the majority opinion is that this game is a turd.

Wait until Magnum's review (senior admin at Sim.HQ), that'll tear your "predictions" all the way to hell and back. :rolleyes:;):D

Again, fair enough. You *do* have a forum.

I'd like to remind you, however, that it wasn't me making the predictions, explicitly. ;)

Have fun hating the game! :D

Posts here and posts at Sim.HQ, the majority opinion is that this game is a turd.

Wait until Magnum's review (senior admin at Sim.HQ), that'll tear your "predictions" all the way to hell and back. :rolleyes:;):D

Again, fair enough. You *do* have a forum.

I'd like to remind you, however, that it wasn't me making the predictions, explicitly. ;)

Have fun hating the game! :D </font>

You know, the writing was on the wall months ago. If the lack of enterable buildings, smoke, etc. weren't enough to make people who were expecting a realistic game pause then the comments from BFC themselves should have made that clear.

The game isn't CM, and was never intended to be so, and anyone expecting even a CM lite experience has had plenty of prior warning that they were likely to be disappointed.

The whining, and I hate to use that word, but I think it's valid here, is outstanding. You voluntarily, on the basis of information available, declined the chance to wait for a demo - and BFC were under no obligation to release one - and pre ordered the game.

Now take responsibility for your decision and act like an adult.

I didn't much care for the demo, for many of the reasons set forth in this forum, but that isn't necessarily because it's a poor game, there are plenty of people enjoying it, it's just not for me. And that's after years spent casually following it's development.

I'm glad I waited for the demo, but if you didn't, and don't care for the game, then, well, suck it up and deal with it.

Originally posted by Moon:

I would reply but

I'm not sure what you're saying,

or even if there is some kind of question?

...?

Did you not manage to connect

MP?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well let's see Moon, what am i saying?

I'm saying that this title is a piece of rubbish.

It's not fit for purpose.

It doesn't do what it claims.

And i want my money back.

Crystal enough for your mince pies? :D

Originally posted by BillyBob:Posts here and posts at Sim.HQ, the majority opinion is that this game is a turd.
You wouldn't happen to post at SimHQ as Sepp, would you..?

If so that should ring some bells with BFC.

Apologies if I'm mistaken, of course.

Originally posted by Sirocco:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BillyBob:Posts here and posts at Sim.HQ, the majority opinion is that this game is a turd.

Apologies if I'm mistaken, of course. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sirocco:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BillyBob:Posts here and posts at Sim.HQ, the majority opinion is that this game is a turd.

Originally posted by Sirocco:

I agree with most of what BillyBob is isaying. and jdevlin, you sound like just as much of an idiot trying to sound smart, so it doesnt work for you either. trying to use good grammar or not, this game is junk, the pure fact that there is basically no LOS should be enough to stop people from calling it "realistic". and thats no even counting the other problems.

It's not about hate, it's about being led up the garden path and getting kicked in the nuts at the door.

Please - if this is a kick in the nuts, then you have your perspective out of whack.

I don't feel like anyone owed *me* anything, and I'm having fun playing the game.

Originally posted by maniac_mat:

I agree with most of what BillyBob is isaying.

And yet, later...

and jdevlin, you sound like just as much of an idiot trying to sound smart, so it doesnt work for you either.

Thanks for calling me out!

If you agree with BillyBob, why do you here state that "its not going to work for me either"? This suggests that you actually *don't* agree with BillyBob.

Anyway, the real point is that, yes I am an idiot - if only for arguing on the internet with my fellow idiots, especially ones for whom a coherent paragraph appears to be a challenge.

trying to use good grammar or not,

No one made any grammar flames.

this game is junk, the pure fact that there is basically no LOS should be enough to stop people from calling it "realistic". and thats no even counting the other problems.

"Realistic" is a flexible definition.

The real problem is that its not the game you wanted - and thats not the fault of the game makers.

:rolleyes: