Can someone please explain to me real quick how the campaign works?

nx02nx02

I dont quite understand how the reinforcements, captured units and newly available units in the unit setup screen works exactly?

I am now on the 4th campaign mission of the German campaign and taking heavy losses. In the unit setup screen before the missions there is alot of new units on the left side of the screen but I dont have any points to aquire these new units. So how exactly does this work? Am I supposed to earn points throughout the campaign? Or are you supposed to try to get through the campaign with only your starting forces from the first mission?

Also, how exactly does captured units work? I have captured a few units but then they are not available for the next mission? There not in the unit setup screen? Is there any point in capturing units? How do I use them in the next mission?

At the beginning of every mission you are allocated a set amount of points to spend (think of it as the amount of resources available to you)

The units on the right are your active units that will be taken into the next battle, however, you can exchange units with those in reserves on the left, by selecting said unit and pressing the buttons which become highlighted underneath the list (Reserves --------> Active) or something similar to that.

Each unit is assigned a points value, for example a squad of infantry only costs 50 points where as a medium tank might cost 300-400 points and so on, you are allowed to make up your own composition out of your reserves by exchanging them with active units as long as the points value limit for the mission is not broken.

There are some restrictions, some units may be blocked (on either side) and cannot be brought to active status or put back into reserves for that particular mission.

New equipment will be issued to you as a campaign progresses but your actual infantry and crew members persist as long as they are not killed and can be moved into new vehicles as you see fit.

Captured equipment as far as I know is lost after the battle, assumed that it is taken off for evaluation and standard equipment is resupplied for ease of service and logistics

1. To add a unit from reserves to deployment in unit setup screen you need to have free points and slots enough. To add some free points put units from deployment back to reserves. To free slots for a selected unit in the reserves, put units that are marked by a smal red triangle from deployment back to reserves. The number of free points depends on the mission and is fixed.

2. Captured units can be used only in the mission where they were captured. Captured units may be used properly only by experienced soldiers (that have high driver or gunner skills, for example). You cannot use captured units in the next missions. But the crew of these units is still available.

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful and informative. smile.gif That explains it then. For some reason I was thinking you could take captured units to the next missions. And for some reason I was thinking Your reinforcements in the middle of missions would carry on to the next missions as long as they weren't destroyed.

That definitley explains it though. Thanks again for the replies. smile.gif

No problems nx.

I am pretty sure reinforcements do get added to your reserves roster if they survive the mission, or sometimes they do.

I just finished a mission earlier, starting with one Tiger and ending up with another two in the roster after they showed up during the mission.

On the other hand I have had reinforcements survive but never seen them again (ATGs and truck drivers).

I think you're restricted on size force too. I had about 200 points in my French campaign, and I couldn't add a reserve S-35 (at 180 points) because it said I didn't have any open slots available in my deployment list.

I was kinda bummed about that, and had no way of knowing that there was a limit.