Anyone Played Multiplayer Yet?

ironpants

Hi all,

Has anyone played any MP battles yet? I've been on the IP listing below:

http://www.battlefront-newsletter.com/MPLobby/tabid/61/Default.aspx

As yet haven't seen any IP addresses there, i've registered mine and it shows up fine but I start the game and prepare a battle and nobody joined (maybe my IP is not visible or accessible to people, no real way of knowing).. Are people using this method to find matches or are people going somewhere else, I think this game will be an absolute blast in MP!

Thanx CBR, I will be in touch sometime (gotto go deal with the real world now!) Just had a game though (found an IP in the MPlobby), it went very smoothly (although it took an age to load the map), there were only 2 of us but we plumped for the 8 player map (nice that you can do this).

However, 2 thoughts:

1) I had hoped there would be a units screen prior to the map, so you could choose your units based on a predetermined or host determined number of RP, but it just started and there I was with a predetermined roster (this is going to hurt replayability!)

2) Maybe I am thick, I admit I haven't read the manual cover to cover but there was no in game chat... I was soundly defeated and wanted to tell my opponent to save him spending 10 mins hunting down my bailed out crew, but my only option was to end game, which basically disconnected me from my opponent, I would rather have returned to a mission end screen with a chat window were I could talk to my opponent.

MOON: Are there any plans to improve the multiplayer, because this game has a lot of potential in that area which in my short experience doesn't seem to have been realised. Maybe my mistake was playing the 8 player map with only 2 players I may have more fun on the 2 player back (more units to command?) but I only had 4 tanks and no inf... here's hoping someone tells me I am dumb and I missed something!

There is no in game chat :( If quitting a battle I think you can rejoin and come back to the "lobby" right away for chatting afterwards. But yes MP is very limited and I hope they are gonna improve on that in the future, not only for ToW but also for CMSF and Les Grognards.

Unit selection depends on scenario. I dont think the 8 we have so far allows it but it can be done in the mission editor. So we have to make some missions ourselves.

And yes loading takes ages. I dont understand why it takes so long.

CBR

I feel better now, can't wait for those modded scenarios come out, i will put up with all of the negatives as long as there's a lot of varied scenarios.

Might have a go at one myself, then again maybe I will just play sp so I don't get my arse spanked in MP smile.gif

Its not skype or any other comunication progamm which slows down TOW fram rate, its TOW itself which slows down any other programm which uses your internet bandwith.

For me its impossible to host a game with 1MBit and talk via teamspeak at the same time - even if iam only at the games lobby !