Not enough panzer variants!!!!

wokelly

I do not get how you are suppose to deal with the Russian tanks, especially the T-34s with bloody Battle of France Panzer3Fs and Panzer 4Cs? Its maddening having to rely on the short barrel 75mms to do your AT work because the bloody 37mms just dont cut it. Hell the T-60 is damn hard to kill with those, let alone a T-34.

I mean what happened to the Panzer 3Hs, or the Panzer Js with the 50mm L/42's and the extra little bit of armor? Where were the transitional panzer 3s? Or the Panzer 4E and F series with the extra armor? Why am I fighting in 1941 with 1940 era equipment? I realize the actual German Army did fight with such equipment, but some of the 1941 stuff should be available. The missions are starting to become a choir rather then a mission.

[ April 20, 2007, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: wokelly ]

Originally posted by wokelly:

I do not get how you are suppose to deal with the Russian tanks, especially the T-34s with bloody Battle of France Panzer3Fs and Panzer 4Cs? Its maddening having to rely on the short barrel 75mms to do your AT work because the bloody 37mms just dont cut it. Hell the T-60 is damn hard to kill with those, let alone a T-34.

Because that's the way it was.

The PzIVc's AP round is capable of handling the T34.

Besides, remember, the T34 was a big surprise to the Germans, particularly early on.

I mean what happened to the Panzer 3Hs, or the Panzer Js with the 50mm L/42's and the extra little bit of armor? Where were the transitional panzer 3s? Or the Panzer 4E and F series with the extra armor? Why am I fighting in 1941 with 1940 era equipment? I realize the actual German Army did fight with such equipment, but some of the 1941 stuff should be available. The missions are starting to become a choir rather then a mission.
They're in there. Except the PIVe.

Here and Here

Some of the 1941 stuff you are asking for is 1942 stuff.
No not the stuff I am talking about.

Because that's the way it was.

The PzIVc's AP round is capable of handling the T34.

Besides, remember, the T34 was a big surprise to the Germans, particularly early on.

True that the T-34 was a shock to the Germans, but the 50mm gun was not a counter to the T-34, they were added earlier as a result of experiance from the battle of france. Both the Panzer 3H and 3J series was put into production before Barbarossa began, October 1940 for the 3H and March 1941 for the 3J, both were armed with the 50mm L/42 guns. They took part in the invasion though to be honest how many made up invasion force compared to the 3Fs I really dont know.

They're in there. Except the PIVe.

Here and Here [/QB]

No thats the problem, the The makr 3J panzer has 50mm L/60 gun aka the long barrel series, which were not put into production until December 1941, which means they didn't show up at the front till at least January 1942. I am talking about the J series with the 50mm L/42.

As for the Panzer 4F, I meant the short 75mm variant not the F/2 long barrel variant. Its just from playing the CM series the variants are kind of lacking in this game. Given I have to use the short 75mm as my TD, would be helpful to have the extra armored versions. Both the E and F series were produced in greater numbers then the C series I am currently using.

Actually the lack of the 88 is not too terrible given how little mobility they have and how much of a hassel it would be to move around the map. Regardless of how much of a shock the T-34 was, the 50mm L/42 could get through the turret of the T-34 at a decent range, which is the kind of hit the Panzer 4C need to get as it is.

I just hope someone can mod some of these missing tanks in game. I know I cant.

Originally posted by wokelly:

As for the Panzer 4F, I meant the short 75mm variant not the F/2 long barrel variant. Its just from playing the CM series the variants are kind of lacking in this game. Given I have to use the short 75mm as my TD, would be helpful to have the extra armored versions. Both the E and F series were produced in greater numbers then the C series I am currently using.

Yea, I would love to see everything. But I doubt the game would have come out when it did if they focused on everything with the level of detail they are putting into the models. In fact I shudder to think how much longer that would have taken.

Originally posted by KiloAlpha4:

are tigers even in the game lol ? what about the elephant ?

Play first of the two Kursk missions in russian campaign and you'll regret you were born in the first place. 76.2mm against Elephants and Tigers. I did it after around 5 try and i know one guy who succeeded only after 2 or 3 evenings playing this mission only.

Firefly 75mm? The 17pdr was 76.2mm. And the Firefly is not in because the Challenger and Comet are in. These are the British made tanks designed to perform the same role as the Sherman Firefly. As such it adds more flavour to have them instead of the Firefly, even though the Firefly was more common.

I've played MP once with nationality set to random - it apparently put me as US against Brits smile.gif Shermans and one tank destroyer with open turret (don't remember the name) just teared apart poor brits (there were Comets and Churchills and i have an impression that Comets didn't survive even one hit). This was before 1.2 beta patch though, which brought very major changes.