AI Rotate command

JG53_Jaguar

I believe the way "Rotate" command works is not really that useful. I give you an example: I have 2 german tanks that have disabled over long distance a french tank. Now I realized that my Mark IVCs simply don't have the power to knock it out from this distance. So I have decided to hold fire. The french tank kept firing on my tanks until he run out fire. Now from my left flank there some incoming fire from another tank. Now I give the rotate left command so that I have my tank front armour facing the incoming french tank from the left. well since the enemy enemy tank didn't arrive my tanks have decided to rotate back and focus on the disable french tank. Now you realize my dilema when the left tank shows up; he fires of a shot on the left flank of one my Mark IVCs and disables it because my tanks are looking somewhere else. If I issue a rotate command I except the tank commander to follow my order and ignore whats on the battlefield....

Sounds like your tank perceives the one tank as a threat still. I understand what your saying. I don't think there is much that can be done at this point.

Personally, with the many hours I have put in, this is something I do not recall having experienced too often.

Think of it as Mr Murphy of "Murphy's Law" sticking his ugly head into the picture. No plan survives contact with the enemy. smile.gif

Some of the 1940 French maps while playing the German Campaign are particularly challenging.

doesn't work. Hold position only means that they won't move on their own but can still rotate. personally i think that the rotate command just isn't programmed right. They will even face hills if enemy tanks are on the other side lol. The direction you are facing by using the command is where the tank should face always and the firing arc the area covered by the tank guns..