aiming

Freeboy

Originally posted by Freeboy:

OK, I read and saw that I am supposed to have three choices.. turret, body and treads... but All I see is the one recticule.. any thoughts.. playing on the hardest level.. still in demo, darn slow dl!

I read earlier someone said there should be 3 little icons near the Attack button? Top = Turret, Middle = Hull and Bottom = tracks. Also there's Alt+1 2 and 3 for Turret, Hull and Tracks respecively (or something like that, I don't remember the post exactly)

right, I actually knew all that, BUT I see nothing, sounds like a famous gaurd? I see only one large recticle and nothing else? if I use ALTPLUS do I use it after I mouse click?

what res you running in? I can see it it's 3 small circles in the same target button on the right side.

right, I actually knew all that, BUT I see nothing, sounds like a famous gaurd? I see only one large recticle and nothing else? if I use ALTPLUS do I use it after I mouse click?

They should be there, Freeboy, on the right side off the targeting command button. (not the area fire button)

No, you press {ALT}+{1} and then your mouse cursor will reflect that you have chosen to target the turret, then click on your victim of choice. When the AI has confirmed your fire order as valid the "Box" on the targeted unit will also reflect this choice.

[ April 19, 2007, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Elmar Bijlsma ]

The three reticules are greyed out until you select one of them, so they may be tricky to spot unless you look for them. If you followed my previous guidance then after clicking on your target your tankers should hopefully put holes where you would want them on any target they engage, until you ask your crew to change their aimpoint.

That's really all there is to it. It sounds more complicated then it is.