Driving me CRAZY!!!

Ok Guys, this is driving me crazy mad.gif The platform background screen for attacker and defender (you know where it says ammo count, man count) is all off key of some times is just lines of color eek.gif And the weird thing is that when i create a scenario its just fine. Also i would think that there is not much of a difference between the gold demos requirments and the games. The gold ran great even with 150% added. But the game is really laggy even on the tiny maps after battles when i need to press done and sometimes its laggy in the battle. I did a full install. (driving me CRAZY mad.gif )

Cujo99 smile.gif

These are the things I would try, in this order...

1) Check the web for the latest video driver for your graphics card, download and install it. If not fixed or improved, then....

2) Uninstall, reboot, then reinstall the game.

3) You didn't say how much memory your system has, but the lag after x number of games could be your RAM getting used up and the system starting to refer to the swap file more and more. I assume you are running Win95or 98. If this is the case, you need to upgrade your RAM. If you hear the hard drive spinning up when the game gets laggy, I would say insufficient RAM is the problem.

Ober

Thanks for the info smile.gif Ill look around for a driver update. But im on a Imac. And still i dont see why it would lag on the tiny maps with little amout of troops. The demo ran great with 150%. Any ideas on the background problem???

Thanks for the advice smile.gif

Also ive tried reinstalling 3 times. Also tried it on a smaller install which had the same problems frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Cujo99 (edited 06-21-2000).]

HEY!!!

I download the new version of OpenGL. But was a bit upset when i realized that i already had that update. But i replaced i anyways and YES!!!! the background problem is fixed YES!!! biggrin.gif Thanks man !! The lag problem is still there though but playable. Its not after the whole game is over, just in between the turns (when you press done) but maybe thats just the game . Happy as hell though biggrin.gif Thanks again smile.gif

Cujo99 wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The lag problem is still there though but playable. Its not after the whole game is over, just in between the turns<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try turning off the smoke and sizing the units down to smallest before hitting 'Go'. Turn it back on after it's finished calculating the turn. See if that helps any.

- Chris