Prove the ancient superstition wrong!

Avwriter

Yeah, wanting it any sooner and not having to wait longer is not cool around here. Vaginua has made himself well accepted by adopting the current tenor of his peers. So be patient and better yet request that we can all wait even longer. That would make many here very happy it seems. :D

[ April 13, 2007, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: FaxisAxis ]

the demo would do me! I won't be expecting the release to be any earlier than the night before the general release date.

I don't think begging is gonna make them release it any earlier :-( I think they must be scurrying around getting it all ready cause they haven't officially told us when the pre-release will be yet.

...not even new videos or screens? :-( Came from work just now and hoped for a nice little e-mail notice that there`s a little something waiting for me to download.

Just anything would do. But ... nothing. (not even spam)

Seems "Hearts of Iron DD" and "Close Combat 3" have to be my choice for this weekend.

Though I like them very much, I`m SO not pleased about it! :)

Originally posted by Avwriter:

Battlefront, use your power wisely and make Friday the 13th a lucky day! Well, at least for for those of us who preordered tongue.gif

trivia question; does anyone know where the tradition/superstition concerning Friday the 13th comes from?

special prize for the winner. ;)

Isn't that all about religion again?? Christian religion to be precise...

Jesus was killed on a Friday..... Adam and Eve ate some apples on a Friday..... And there were 13 people at the last supper of Jesus.

And, what good did it do for us......

What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? smile.gif

Maybe an even earlier preorder?

Uwe

The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia (a word that is derived from the concatenation of the Greek words Παρασκευή, δεκατρείς, and φοβία, meaning Friday, thirteen, and phobia respectively; alternate spellings include paraskevodekatriaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia) or friggatriskaidekaphobia, and is a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a phobia (fear) of the number thirteen.

Thats what its called anyway.

Originally posted by Reichenberg:

Isn't that all about religion again?? Christian religion to be precise...

Jesus was killed on a Friday..... Adam and Eve ate some apples on a Friday..... And there were 13 people at the last supper of Jesus.

And, what good did it do for us......

What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? What's my price? smile.gif

Maybe an even earlier preorder?

Uwe

close but not quite. smile.gif

It comes from Friday, October 13th 1307, when the French king Phillip ( the V??) had all the Templar Knights arrested on trumped up charges, and essentially destroyed one of the most famous and influential religioius/military orders in Western Civilization.

the 700 year anniversary of the event approaches. I bet it gets alot of press this Fall.

it's a compelling story. I recommend reading up on it. smile.gif