Theatre of War Update - Blog on new features added

Madmatt

Hey guys, I know many of you have been wondering just what the heck we have been doing with Theatre of War since we announced last year that we were going to publish it.

Well, we have been doing a TON, and today I posted a blog entry all about some of the most recent changes that have been added.

You can find my blog entry by clicking on this link:

http://www.battlefront-newsletter.com/Blogfront/tabid/55/EntryID/70/Default.aspx

Madmatt

Great to hear that we will not only have longer engagement ranges than usually in ToW, but we will have THE real engagement ranges of each unit. Borg spotting fixed in a way that hopefully works in the game - and I do not see any reason why it should not work.

If you keep adding and fixing these kind of things - you can go one for a few more weeks (I wanted to write "months" first but I am not that patient)...... as long as you keep us informed about it ;)

Uwe

Madmatt please if you can find solution to 8800Gtx video distortion - fix it please - i let 1c know about -they said that that might be drivers - i updated 3 ! new drivers and that bug still there - well if u fix it Thank you in advance ...

http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sssnu9.jpg

as you can see tanks has no bug with textures

http://img316.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asdgh4.jpg

unsobill,

Unfortuantely, we don't have any 8800GTX or GTS cards to test with yet (would love to have one though!) so if 1C says its a driver issue, then thats probably what it is.

The 8800 is an awesome card, unfortunately nVidia is not winning any awards with their driver stability and feature list.

This type of situation often occurs with ATI or nVidia and as a game publisher (and developer of our own games like Combat Mission Shock Force) sometimes all we can do is wait for a new video driver to come out that fixes the problem as its totally out of our hands.

Madmatt

theBrit,

I have not seen it confirmed yet though that the problem that unsobil encountered is occuring to all 8800 cards. In fact, this post was the first report I saw of any graphics issue like this (I guess he has the Russian game version and is playing on it).

I know that 1C in addition to adding in all the stuff we have asked, are as well addressing issues raised by Russian players that have been playing the game since it was released in Russia earlier.

It's entirely possible that this issue may not manifest itself at all in our release, so we will have to just wait and see and in the meantime I will be sure and see if we can get some testing done on our end with one of these cards.

Madmatt

awesome 1C !!! Waiting for final patch release :D you will be one of the first games on the market that feature optimizing for 8800Gtx in them.

Just going to quote you here on what you told me on 1C forum about temporary fix for skin bugs.

temp fix for G80 bug

*Open your win.ini file -> [core] -> ShaderQuality -> change parameter to 2. tongue.gif

thx endly some good news that my 8800gtx will work with TOW because i cant seem to get it running cmak or cmbb :mad: :mad:

Had already an question about that but tried those settings and it still wont get any 3d screen.

Do any of you which have this card the same problems????

tia