Does it have quick batle functions

markl

I have just been looking at the page for Theater of War and did not see any mention of a quick battle generator.

Does anyone know if the finished game will have one?

Off topic,

Out of interest has anyone tried "Pacific Storm" Unfortunately not all versions have a patch yet. The current 1.3 patch only works with the CDV version which leaves a lot of us out in the cold. It looked so promising but so far (at least without the patch) it dissapoints.

I had high hopes for Pacific Storm as being something different. But have removed it now till my version of the patch comes out. If it ever does.

Cheers MarkL

So far there is no quick battle generator planned for the release - I think they had mentioned that the generating of maps is the issue here. It is supposed to be way more complex than in CM......

Maybe something like a battle generator on already existing maps could be possible - but 1C or Battlefront have not touched that subject yet.

Uwe

I was thinkng of a battle generator using existng maps. After purchasing a few games lately with no quick battle generator of any sort, I have come to the decision no quick battle generator no purchase.

I sure hope they include one. Considering Company Of Heroes included one it can not be that hard.

Cheers MarkL

IIRC you will only have a basic editor function by manually editing the xml files for each scenario (e.g. force mix, set-up ....)

But the last news from around September/October (?) said, there will be no quick battle generator in the first release version - maybe in a later version we will get a better xml editor.... and who knows what all the options in there will be.

After all the delays we had so far I think we just have to wait for some final statements what will be included and what not - quite possible that there will be some changes to older statements.

Uwe

If there is really XML input for everything you need for this type of scenario editing, then you will see a program to does it very very quickly.

The recently released game "Panzer Command" came without a scenario editor but everything except the map and 3D meshes is XML. It took two weeks for somebody to come up with a GUI editor that would generate that XML, and that is even without the developers giving any extra documentation on the XML (beyond what it always contains in the tag names).