May I ask....

Gian

After having played almost every WW2 game in existance, I have to say the this one looks particularly sweet.

I love tanks and I really have to say that the graphics in the game looks great, with what seems to be a free camera to admire all the action is a big bonus as well. The realism also will be a blessing as I would love to keep Russian tanks at bay with a lonely King Tiger.

I do want to ask however, if there would be some replayability built in to this game, that is some kind of Skirmish or free fight mode where you can choose forces and reinforcments and then a randomly generated map and just have a great battle.

I really do hope that somehting is planned like that.

Also may I ask if you will have different variants of the same tanks available like Panther A, D and G and Henschel and Porche King Tigers, and maybe the early, mid and late Tiger 1's.

Will these be different camo schemes as well for the same types, ie Winter, summer, Autumn etc?

Thanks for letting me know and I simply cannot wait.

Regards,

Gian

Good thing we are coming to this forum for information about this game, with answers like "Why do you love tanks? They don't love you".

Its no wonder the wargaming genre is fading into just 1st person shooters. I LL make sure to tell my friends to purchase this game.

:mad:

No on the random map, forces. XML editing will allow you to change forces on an existing map.

Different versions of the tanks, some yes, others no. See the list of equipment on the product page. Off the top of my head, 1 version of Panther, 4 versions of Panzer IIs.

As for different skins, yes, there are and there is room to include your own.

Rune

Originally posted by Gian:

I love tanks ...I would love to keep Russian tanks at bay with a lonely King Tiger.

This game's for you.

Also may I ask if you will have different variants of the same tanks available like Panther A, D and G and Henschel and Porche King Tigers, and maybe the early, mid and late Tiger 1's.

But unfortunately, and I'm pretty sure here, there won't be "Porche King Tigers" nor "Tiger 1's".

;)

Originally posted by TopGun:

Good thing we are coming to this forum for information about this game, with answers like "Why do you love tanks? They don't love you".

Its no wonder the wargaming genre is fading into just 1st person shooters. I LL make sure to tell my friends to purchase this game.

:mad:

It's just typical RMC. Hates everything and everybody. His signature says it all. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rune:

[QB] No on the random map, forces. XML editing will allow you to change forces on an existing map.

Hmm... should be possible, and not too hard, for someone to make a program that'll fiddle with the XML file and randomize the forces. Maybe even the map.

Feed the utility a text file with the rules for a scenario and the scenario, and the program spits out the the new randomized scenario...

Originally posted by Tarquelne:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

[QB] No on the random map, forces. XML editing will allow you to change forces on an existing map.

Hmm... should be possible, and not too hard, for someone to make a program that'll fiddle with the XML file and randomize the forces. Maybe even the map.

Feed the utility a text file with the rules for a scenario and the scenario, and the program spits out the the new randomized scenario... </font>

Thanks for the reponse guys and especially Rune coming in to clarify.

I really do sincerely hope that a Skirmish or something like that effect would be able to be added at some stage or as somene here said to randomize the XML file stats so that it at least give us the ability to purchase forces to play on existing maps. I am sure there will be quite of few of those anyway.

It does remind me of Blitzkrieg though which I loved so much and still do but I could just never figure out why so many companies are never thinking how important Skirmish is for replayability.

THat feature is what I usewd most in Combat Mission.

But I will definately picked this one up Skirmish or no Skirmish.

I just hope it was designed with moddability in mind.

Thanks,

Gian