is there any scenario editor?

cinacchi

Greetings,

my question is quiet simple: there will be in the game a scenario editor, where to set up units, landscape, etc?

I'm asking, because what made like to me so much the 3 CM games was the chance to build by myself my own battles.

Thanks for the answer (and sorry if somebody else asked about it).

Luca

Given 1C's track record with IL-2 and ours with CM, I think it should be a given that providing an editor (and modding support) are very high on our list. It's just too much to bite off for the initial release unless you want us to delay until way into next year. Creating a user-friendly and supported editor is not small task. And no, you cannot simply slap together the developer tools into a package, not unless you expect people to know how to program a game yourself.

A lot will be already possible by the use of simple XML sheets by the way in the original game. It's not as nice as having an editor interface, but it's quite powerful - you can change units, placements, even weather. We'll try to provide good documentation of what to do with this, and some people familiar with IL-2 modding might already feel right at home with such docs.

Martin

It's you CM peoples' fault.The Combat Mission series is the benchmark for all of these types of games now.Before I buy anything today I think 'How does it compare with Combat Mission'.You created a monster but a great one it must be said.CMBB and CMAK are never off my hard drive.The modding community for these games is without equal IMHO. smile.gif

Originally posted by Moon:

Given 1C's track record with IL-2 and ours with CM, I think it should be a given that providing an editor (and modding support) are very high on our list. It's just too much to bite off for the initial release unless you want us to delay until way into next year. Creating a user-friendly and supported editor is not small task. And no, you cannot simply slap together the developer tools into a package, not unless you expect people to know how to program a game yourself.

A lot will be already possible by the use of simple XML sheets by the way in the original game. It's not as nice as having an editor interface, but it's quite powerful - you can change units, placements, even weather. We'll try to provide good documentation of what to do with this, and some people familiar with IL-2 modding might already feel right at home with such docs.

Martin

Personally I'm happy to wait, and I know Oleg's track record for after-sales support. smile.gif

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by Moon:

Martin

Well thats good I too was worried no editor is in the works. Thanks for the update!!

I definitely will invest in this product now!