too trigger happy moderation

M Hofbauer

ok, here I am, writing a legthy offline reply to juardis, explain the borg to Dark Knight, and when I go online and post it, all I get is a

"thread closed" "you know, I am going to move this thread over to the CMSF forum"

harumph.

leave *our* threads here, leave theirs there.

(SouthPark redneck voice)

"we dont take kindly to CMSF folks round here"

(/SP off)

Did you try going back a page to see if your reply was still there so that you could copy and paste it into the new thread?

That's a very crappy design choice of whoever made this forum. When a thread is moved, the thread should change into a link to the thread in the other forum, not turn into a locked version of the thread as it was in that point in time.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, however!

going back doesnt help, not on my browser types.

oh, Dark Knight, the short answer btw was "Borg" refers to the fact that in CM once a friendly unit spots an enemy unit, all friendly uinits share that knowledge at once as common Borg-knowledge (of course it works vice vers too, enemy spotting you), they dont have to discover that enemy unit themselves, sotospeak.

"Borg" refers to the fact that in CM once a friendly unit spots an enemy unit, all friendly uinits share that knowledge at once as common Borg-knowledge
It started when an early version of CM presented the audible feedback "You will be assimilated!" whenever your units spotted a new enemy unit.

Originally posted by Tarquelne:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />"Borg" refers to the fact that in CM once a friendly unit spots an enemy unit, all friendly uinits share that knowledge at once as common Borg-knowledge

It started when an early version of CM presented the audible feedback "You will be assimilated!" whenever your units spotted a new enemy unit. </font>