Can I use my uberTiger to blow up this train?

ColumbusOHGamer

The trains might be grey by design.

I wonder whether there will be trains with mounted weaponry (artillery support trains, FlaK trains, trains with carriages that have turrets) and whether the trains are capable of moving/colliding with another unit.

Originally posted by ComradeP:

The trains might be grey by design.

The coaches of the German national railroad were painted green.

I wonder whether there will be trains with mounted weaponry (artillery support trains, FlaK trains, trains with carriages that have turrets)

Armored trains were a comparative rarity and I don't think they'd add much to the game. Cars with AA armament were designed to protect the train during its travels, not fight a front line action.

and whether the trains are capable of moving/colliding with another unit.
I can't think of a single intance in which a train would itself crash into something. That's arcade game crap.

I can't think of a single intance in which a train would itself crash into something. That's arcade game crap.
I am thinking about placing an obstacle in front of the train, not a tank or something. Trains that can't see what's around the corner will definately crash into something if they can't slow down.

If you read literature about the Panzerzug campaigns, you will notice that there are quite a few examples of trains almost colliding with strategically placed carriages (at various places in Russia and at the Dutch city of Zutphen for example).

The coaches of the German national railroad were painted green.
Trains belonging to Panzerzug units could have numerous camouflage patterns, and it's not even certain whether these trains are "German" (as in: whether the Germans are using them).

Originally posted by ComradeP:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I can't think of a single intance in which a train would itself crash into something. That's arcade game crap.

I am thinking about placing an obstacle in front of the train, not a tank or something. Trains that can't see what's around the corner will definately crash into something if they can't slow down.

If you read literature about the Panzerzug campaigns, you will notice that there are quite a few examples of trains almost colliding with strategically placed carriages (at various places in Russia and at the Dutch city of Zutphen for example).</font>

Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

I can't believe that a train grog hasn't complained about the venting system on the cars or the signalling system.

I don't believe that there is a train grog here. CM would certainly have scared any away with its lack of actual trains and massively inaccurate switches and curves.

hmmm well it doesnt really look like a typical Panzerzug...
Even the Panzerzug used supply trains, it was not that uncommon for the supply trains to get involved in a big mess (partisan action, mostly) whilst the Panzerzug itself was relatively safe.