AFVs block LOS/LOF?

Grimthane

Is there any chance that you can hide behind AFVs in ToW?

Not that I don't love CM, but it is an unfortunate feature that vehicles are transparent.

I'd be delighted if ToW had 'solid' vehicles, if for no other reason than to test the often aired assertion that is it madness to hide behind tanks!

Faces of War is totaly arcarde. It makes fun for 5 minutes and then it makes frustration.

They changed the loved penetration system from the predecessor (SHOWW2) to a hitpoint system in Faces of War.

Faces of War is a PANZER´s clone with better optics...

I set all my expectation on your TOW project...

Sorry to say that,but in the demo is definitely a hitpoint system.

You refuse to believe it,watch that thread in ubi soft forum and see what happend:

forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3001055373/m/7541074664/p/1

Scroll down and you will see that every tank has a hitpoint reservoir and every cannon make damage points. That's unbelievable and terrible, but it´s the truth.

[ADMIN: Link tweaked to be un-clickable; no links to commercial sites please]

[ August 01, 2006, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: Moon ]

Ähm not realy...

i am explain it for you, no problem:

1.) Amor in FOW will classified in three different classes of armor. Light, Medium and heavy. Look at this code from FOW demo:

(define "armor_light"

("armor_tank" t(50) ta(30) b(100) tur(150)

(define "armor_medium"

("armor_tank" t(130) ta(40) b(350) tur(500)

(define "armor_heavy"

("armor_tank" t(250) ta(50) b(500) tur(800)

Here you can see the hitpoint reservoirs for all tanks. tur=turret b=body/hull ta=tracks etc.

2.) Now we take a look on the guns in game. Here is a code from FOW demo (resource/set/stuff/gun):

{from "pattern gun" ; Pz-6 "Tiger", Pz-6e

{filling "bullet88"}

{fireSound "gun/88mm"}

{rechargeTime 4.5}

("range_100+")

{projectiveDamage 250}

}

That implies that a 88gun makes in game a damage of 250 points. (see at the "projectiveDamage")

3.)To compare with the old Soldier - Heroes of World War2 predecessor some code from the same directory:

{weapon "88mm_kwk43" from "gun" ; Pz-6"King Tiger"

{fireSound "heavy_shot.88mm"}

{aimRange 140} ; m

{maxRange 80} ; m

{minRange 6} ; m

{spreading {SpreadRadius 3.5}} ; m

{rechargeTime 6} ; s

{speed 220} ; m/s

{piercing 10 200 40 120 150 0}

(mod "mp"

{maxRange} ; m

{piercing 10 200 40 120 150 0}

)

}

Now anybody can see there are a penetration system (see at the "piercing" values) in SHOWW2.

And the and we can say that the old penetration system is missing and the new hitpoint system is at the same spot.

Sure that is a value inside the game to define that a MG42 can not make damage on a sherman or a bullet from a pistol make no damage on a SDkfZ 222, but you can shot with a 37mm KwK on the front amor hull plate from a Tiger1 and destroy it. It takes 12-16 hit´s, but it works

belive me it is a hitpont system inside...