Weapons data editing and number of units?

kipanderson

Hi,

Two more quick questions ;) .

1) Will it be possible to edit the weapons data? I know a lot of text data will be editable, but will the weapons data be editable?

2) Also, an unrelated question, how many units will be there be on each side? The map area is about 2km by 2km, standard CM size, but what will the maximum be on the number of units on each side? I doubt that one will be able to push up to CM sizes with reinforced battalions as standard size games… but what do you currently envisage as the maximum size battles for ToW?

Thanks,

All the best,

Kip.

Weapon data is not editable, scenario data does appear to be (or at least is right now).

The biggest battle I have yet played (or made with my evil editing skills) had well over a 150 guys on my side, but I think trying to do a Uber-Huge battle in ToW would probably drop your PC to its knees.

Part of my QA processes though is to stress test this game so I will see just how far it can be pushed and let you know what I find.

Madmatt

Matt,

“Part of my QA processes though is to stress test this game so I will see just how far it can be pushed and let you know what I find.”

Thanks for getting back to me. Sounds good.

I realize that real-time games will struggle more with bigger games than the old WEGO engine of CMX1. I guess this must also be true of CMX2.

All the best,

Kip.

Hey MaddMatt

Just curious, was that 150 troops of infantry squads plus combat vehicles and their crews - Or 150 total troops of all types along with gun crews, tank crews, etc? Also what is the test machine for comparison to others users rigs?