Any Urban Combat?

GI Jas

Hi everyone. I'm new here on this forum but have been following this game since launch in 2003?...........a long time and am glad they have finally found another publisher such as Battlefront to release this beast off thier hands.

I did not take the time to scan this forum for any questions related to mine so forgive me if I'm lazy.

Some of my favorite WWII battles were Urban battle's such as Stalingrad, Moscow and the seige on Leningrad. These "battles" had some of the most gritty and bloody combat of the second WW but will they be represented at all in Theater of War?

Most of the screen shots show mainly rural combat with some maps having a small village or town on them but if these are Russian Dev. designing this game you think they would include some the biggest battle's their country fought against the German's which were mainly Urban. Even for Germany you have The Battle of Berlin which closed WWII in the European Theater?

I see they have Kursk down good though.

Wow. I didn't know that?

Really, I would like to just see some city maps that you could bomb to the ground or siege with tanks, men and of course long range artillery.

That would be fine, if the enemy was dug in each city under the rubble and you had to dig them out. It would add more close quarters combat as well. Besides, if this is suppose to out-class CMBTB then they need to include some sort of urban fighting. That's what made CMBTB really immersive and would make this game even more historical.

Thanks guy. That explains everything to me in a nut shell.

To bad, well I guess it's one of those take-it or leave-it games.

If they include mod support the users may be able to fix this in due time but Urban Combat should be in not just this game but every WWII game because it was part of the conflict and leaving it out makes no sense to me. lol

Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

Apparently for now buildings cannot be entered, so I would think that urban combat would be problematic at best.

How is this going to work? Even in the countryside - farmhouses (and the like) were critical points of defense - this changes what tactically should happen in a battle quite a bit!

There is one city battle that we would work with the first release, if it had Italian forces - Germans vs Italians in Rome. I recall one ASL scenario that forbade either side from entering buildings because orders had been isued to limit impact on civilians/architecture or somesuch. Hmmm...maybe only the Germans were restricted by this special rule...memory fading...

Which brings, me to my next question: when we get the Italian add-on, will they be able to fight the Germans, especially in Sept 43?