Static defences

Toby Haynes

In search of something else to add to scenarios, I dredged my memory of tactical war games for ideas. One thing that did spring to recall was the concept of Dragon's Teeth and other passive tank defences.

I've been teaching myself some better Blender technique and came up with this:

CzechHedgehog.png

This is a reworking of the Czech Hedgehog. The shading is all baked in, so as soon as I can work out how to get this into DropTeam, I'll think about getting this into a scenario.

The concept here is to provide a non-explosive way to channel the tanks through certain routes. In the second world war, these were placed so that tanks would be forced into areas where they could be more easily destroyed.

Obviously other sorts of barriers could be useful and once I get a little more comfortable with Blender, I'll churn out some more.

I've put the model (in blender format, plus several other attempts at exporting to Wavefront, 3D Studio, etc.) up at

http://tjwhaynes.googlepages.com/dropteamobjects

The scale may need some quick adjusting to get it right - I've not checked it to see whether this is tiny or huge next to a Thor.

I'm tempted to suggest that this object should be capable of being destroyed by three or four direct hit artillery strikes. Too fragile and it wouldn't pose a problem to an advancing army. Too strong and it might choke gameplay totally.