No Hopewell environment map?

Toby Haynes

For those who have been following my wiki entries, the tutorial is almost complete over at:

http://dropteam.johalla.de/moin.cgi/The_Nexus_6_approach

I'm in the tuning phase now of preparing the new scenario for release but the skybox I was using (the Hopewell set) does not appear to have an environment map available. This surprised me, because Slugfest needs it.

So I've created the environment map using the instructions in the CreatingScenarios.pdf file. However, I can't really claim that these are my files - they are copyrighted to the DropTeam game. Hopefully Clay will add them to the next release.

Here's the snippet from TheDam.scenario that works with these files.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"><SkyBox>

<FrontFilename>HopewellFrontSkyBox.png</FrontFilename>

<RightFilename>HopewellRightSkyBox.png</RightFilename>

<BackFilename>HopewellBackSkyBox.png</BackFilename>

<LeftFilename>HopewellLeftSkyBox.png</LeftFilename>

<TopFilename>HopewellTopSkyBox.png</TopFilename>

<BottomFilename>HopewellBottomSkyBox.png</BottomFilename>

</SkyBox>

<EnvironmentMapBaseFilename>Hopewell</EnvironmentMapBaseFilename> </pre>

Originally posted by poesel71:

And this prevents me from entering slug fest... :(

Actually, Slugfest uses the wrong environment map (it uses Archipelago). So it shouldn't stop you playing SlugFest but I would like to get TheDam using the Hopewell skybox and Hopewell environment map because its a more consistent backdrop than any of the others (and I've not yet got to designing skyboxes).

Hmm, then I don't understand. I wanted to join multiplayer and the last lines in the log were something like: 'couldn't find Hopewell..Skybox.png'. I copied the files from a backup but still the same: DT crashed with a SDL parachute.

You know - that's really odd. I thought I hit the same issue - all the Hopewell skybox files were gone.

i.e. I saw this at the end of the DropTeam.log file:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">...

Warning: could not find file "HopewellFrontSkyBox.png"

Warning: could not find file "HopewellBackSkyBox.png"

Warning: could not find file "HopewellLeftSkyBox.png"

Warning: could not find file "HopewellRightSkyBox.png"

Warning: could not find file "HopewellTopSkyBox.png"

Warning: could not find file "HopewellBottomSkyBox.png"</pre>